Gen 2 - Will stock rear tire fit on the front w/ tree mod?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GothamNY

Reaction score
I am looking to widen my front tire to match my 240 rear tire. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You're just changing it for "looks" I'm guessing?

I've never seen it done here in the States.....but I have seen some examples in Europe. You can bet it is an expensive mod.

I have the 240 on the rear and I'm not liking the handling with the skinny front tire. One way to correct that would be to widen the front. Definitely the look I am going for but should also improve the handling. (I know it will never compare to stock).

I have the 240 on the rear and I'm not liking the handling with the skinny front tire. One way to correct that would be to widen the front. Definitely the look I am going for but should also improve the handling. (I know it will never compare to stock).

I don't think a fatter front tire will improve the handling, and it will most likely slow down the turning even more.

If you really want the bike to be responsive.....and do it on the cheap...then sell your wide wheel and go back to the stock 200.

If you're stuck on keeping the 240 (looks great I know) then try the Dunlop Q3 Sportmax on the rear and Dunlop Roadsmart 3 on the front. Best combination currently available IMO. I'm using them on my 2012 right now.

If you go back to a stock rear then the Shinko Verge 011's are the best tires and are inexpensive to boot. That's what I've been running on my 09 for years.

The Shinkos on stock wheels will give you the best responsiveness and very good straight line traction.

The 240 wheel with a good tire still "handles" OK but is very noticeably less responsive.....just harder to turn.

Mark

I don't think a fatter front tire will improve the handling, and it will most likely slow down the turning even more.

If you really want the bike to be responsive.....and do it on the cheap...then sell your wide wheel and go back to the stock 200.

If you're stuck on keeping the 240 (looks great I know) then try the Dunlop Q3 Sportmax on the rear and Dunlop Roadsmart 3 on the front. Best combination currently available IMO. I'm using them on my 2012 right now.

If you go back to a stock rear then the Shinko Verge 011's are the best tires and are inexpensive to boot. That's what I've been running on my 09 for years.

The Shinkos on stock wheels will give you the best responsiveness and very good straight line traction.

The 240 wheel with a good tire still "handles" OK but is very noticeably less responsive.....just harder to turn.

Mark
Hey Mark.... Thanks very much for your input.... it's taking getting used to this wide rear end. I knew I would sacrifice handling with it. I really do like the look of a "fat tire" bike both front and rear..... keeping stock just in case it doesn't go so well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back