Gen 2 "X-Pipe" Photo for Danny

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itgoes

Reaction score
I can't find a photo off the bike......but here is one on the bike where you can see it pretty good if you zoom in.

X-Pipe.jpg

I can't find a photo off the bike......but here is one on the bike where you can see it pretty good if you zoom in.

View attachment 39620

Thanks, that clears it up....too many terms for the same thing was messing me up but it's simply the pipe system needed to eliminate the cat and go from the front headers to the muffler (s) of choice. Must be they use some sections of the rear headers too?

Man, the Akrapovic stuff can add up pretty quickly, really nice, titanium to boot....but pricey! :punk:

You might want to look at these Danny, they are a LOT more reasonably priced.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VooDoo-Blac...009-2013-Black-Converter-Delete-/271283714674

Yes, almost forgot about that system. That's an amazing price for a system that includes mufflers. It's the same system UFO has been selling at twice the price.

There may be a ECU re-flash that is close to that setup available as well. I'm just not sure how loud it may be.......I think those cans don't do much.

If your Inspection guys are like mine, you shouldn't have any trouble even with the Converter delete pipes.
Here they just check Tires, Lights and horn. ;)

Here's a good pic of the
Akrapovic Link Collector Pipe (X-Pipe) off the bike:
http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Akrapovic_Link_Collector_Pipe_VMax_p/c-y17so1t-1.htm

Thanks for that link Dennis.

The Akra makes really good power and it only weighs a couple of pounds.

What you see on my bike is the original "Mikes X-Pipe". They were built by one guy in his garage, very soon after the Gen 2 was released. He sold quite a few but stopped making them a couple of years ago. It's a very good cat replacement. Although you see Kerkers in my photo the pipe was designed to allow the stock mufflers to bolt right up.

I've been talking to Danny off-line about options on mid-pipes. The advantage to the Akra is that it's designed to use the stock mufflers as well if you want to. Marks mid-pipe is the same way. It just requires a slight trim on the left side heat shield.

-Mark-

I've listened to a lot of them in the last day or so...altho not the Voodoo as there doesn't seem to be any sound clips yet, but most of UFO's pipes are too loud for me and I'm kind of assuming the Voodoo may be too loud also.

The two systems that I'm partial to are the Hindle and Holeshot, they may even be the same as I think Dale Walker has affiliations with Hindle....I will probly go with one of them. Both have a deep growl that is somewhat similar in tone-age to the Gen I Mark's pipes.

Probly start the mod process with a 'stock system' re-flash and see how that goes but I've been living with myself long enough to know that more noise is definitely in the future for Genny! :punk:

I've listened to a lot of them in the last day or so...altho not the Voodoo as there doesn't seem to be any sound clips yet, but most of UFO's pipes are too loud for me and I'm kind of assuming the Voodoo may be too loud also.

The two systems that I'm partial to are the Hindle and Holeshot, they may even be the same as I think Dale Walker has affiliations with Hindle....I will probly go with one of them. Both have a deep growl that is somewhat similar in tone-age to the Gen I Mark's pipes.

Probly start the mod process with a 'stock system' re-flash and see how that goes but I've been living with myself long enough to know that more noise is definitely in the future for Genny! :punk:

The Holeshot system is beautifully built, really the nicest out there. It makes really good power and sounds great. The only negative for me was the muffler choice, otherwise it would be on my bike. Although they come in different lengths and finishes the only shape is round.

Here's a real purdy, tuned pipe alternative to the OEM cat.

2midpipefrontangle.jpg
2midpipebehindon.jpg

See this link for more details .http://www.starvmax.com/forum/14-in...lts-of-darren-s-midpipe?limitstart=0&start=40

The builder is a forum member here as well. Don't know how long it would take him to build another, should you be able to talk him into selling you one. And I'm not sure of a current price. At one time, I believe Tim Nash was considering making a custom ECU tune to match this midpipe as well. I haven't heard how that is going, if it's going at all.

Here's a real purdy, tuned pipe alternative to the OEM cat.

View attachment 39637
View attachment 39636

See this link for more details .http://www.starvmax.com/forum/14-in...lts-of-darren-s-midpipe?limitstart=0&start=40

The builder is a forum member here as well. Don't know how long it would take him to build another, should you be able to talk him into selling you one. And I'm not sure of a current price. At one time, I believe Tim Nash was considering making a custom ECU tune to match this midpipe as well. I haven't heard how that is going, if it's going at all.

That is nice....is it one of Mike's X pipes?

Jeff's (Kosrider) 2010 has Mark's X-pipe/ stock pipes and it closely sounds like a Gen 1 exhaust.

A Gen I Mark's pipe Brian, or a Gen I Stock one?

This is the Mark who makes Mark's Performance systems? I'v checked his site but no mention of this pipe.

Is this his mid-pipe?

Collector assembly black $ 349.00

That is nice....is it one of Mike's X pipes?

That's Darren Crays pipe...I think it's gone through a design change since that photo.

This is the Mark who makes Mark's Performance systems? I'v checked his site but no mention of this pipe.

There is no photo of the mid-pipe on his site, but pricing is there.....he calls it a collector, lol.
http://marksperformance.com/vmax.html

That is a picture o Marks mid pipe. I took that picture just before i installed it on my bike

Back