• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gen I '85 #3383

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex85

Reaction score
Most of you know me and know that I have another little one arriving any day now. I don't ride enough as is and this bike deserves to be ridden. I am in no rush and do not need to sell, first and foremost I want this bike to get into the hands on someone who will take care of her and give her the attention she deserves. Please reach out to me via this thread or PM me for my number if you would like to discuss more. Happy to help with getting the bike to its new home if you are in the midlands of SC. Currently my wife is begging me to reconsider since she knows I will regret the sale (deep down I know she is right), but the bike deserves a new owner.

Pics here -> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwbl1pdHE4gNOTVFOEFiZFB2RGs&usp=sharing

For Sale - 1985 Yamaha Vmax #3383
27240 on the clock for now and this is the approximate mileage. The actual mileage is actually a little lower since this is not the original speedometer based on the history on the bike I received from our very own CaptainKyle when I purchased the bike nearly 4 years ago.

100% sound mechanically, fires up easily everytime, no second gear issues,
vBoost / hand of God functions properly :) Oil changed every 2500 miles,
other fluids checked and replaced at regular intervals as well.

Asking $3500

-Chrome Scoops
-Chrome '85 Side Covers
-Chrome "V" Clutch Cover
-Chrome "V" Crankcase Cover
-Chrome Water Pump Cover
-Chrome Oil Fill Cap
-Chrome Carb Slides
-Chrome Brake/Clutch Reservoir Covers
-Cosmetic "VMAX" Bolt Covers
-Custom Finned Carb Joint Covers
-Marks 4:2 Full Exhaust System
-Fan Toggle Switch
-WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn
-DDM Tuning HID 55W Headlight
-CBR Tail Light w/ Integrated Signals
-Sissy Bar w/ 6 Pack Rack
-Tailbar Reflector Convereted to LED w/ Initial Pulse on Activation
-Chrome Bungee Nuts where Rear Signals used to be
-Hayabusa Front Brake Mod
-Braided Brake Cables
-Aftermarket Lower Profile Mirrors
-OEM Windscreen
-Tail and Fork Bag Included (leather)
-Black Powdercoated Engine Guards w/ Footpads
-Aftermarket Grips and Levers (I forget the brand)
-Aftermarket Regulator/Recitifier
-Apexbattery UB12220 420cca Battery (~ 8m old)
-Blue LED lit Speedometer
-Custom Extra Stuffing Stock Seat (infinitely better than the Corbin "Corbrick" I used to have)

Likely more that I am forgetting. Box of spare parts will likely be thrown in
consisting of some old signals, pegs, uncut rear fender support (in case I ever
wanted to revert back to regular tail light, I wouldn't) and other misc items.

That was my gut reaction.
Sell the bike, pick a responsible buyer. You can always buy another bike, later on.
Your priority is your family. Best of luck to you all!
However......keep in touch with your Forum brothers and sisters.
Cheers!

Hate to see it but I can understand. It was a great bike when I sold it & Tex has done nothing but give it more love so I know it is still in great condition. A few pictures would help though.

Hate to see it but I can understand. It was a great bike when I sold it & Tex has done nothing but give it more love so I know it is still in great condition. A few pictures would help though.

Pics are available via the link. Was easier to dump them there in high-resolution instead of uploading to forum.

Latest posts

Back