Gen II Headlight Bulb replacement

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaMax

Reaction score
Anyone replaced the OEM bulb? I picked up an aftermarket bulb the other day it doesn't look like the factory bulb. It has (3) prongs like your plug should snap on it, but I am having problems...

Anyone done this that can help a bro out?

The standard H4 bulbs should work? I do have high output versions of the bulb but not sure why you are having issues?

Sean ~ I'll you why. Because I am a dumbass.
It looks like the previous owner has switched to HID. To be honest, I was expecting a simple unplug and plug back in (I've never had HID lights before). These lights are hardwired in it looks like. Now my question becomes do I just need to replace the HID unit or "convert" it back to stock? I rarely ride at night.... If I do replace the HID, will any brand work? I'll post a few pics..

Any opinions? I really don't know much about these lights...
Thanks~!

Attachments

• IMG_9179.jpg
    IMG_9179.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9180.jpg
    IMG_9180.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9182.jpg
    IMG_9182.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9181.jpg
    IMG_9181.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9177.jpg
    IMG_9177.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9178.jpg
    IMG_9178.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 29
The PO of my 2009 put in an after market HID as well. I have not had to replace the lamp yet. There should be some High Voltage drive electronics up stream from the lamp. I would suspect there is some information on that driver where to get a replacement lamp. Or maybe it is the drive electronics that are shot. My lamp is VERY bright and a blue'ish color temp. At PM it isn't worth a crap I can hardly see. The reflector is not designed for that lamp. However the guys I ride with during the day think it is great since I am VERY easy to spot.

Hey Jerry ~ thanks for the response. I've taken my bike apart a little bit and have found that it is a Prestige HID ballast and bulb. I've got a call into them now. I would have rather just had the standard highlight bulb (I think) at this point in time... I'll post when I get it working..
Thanks again.

Struck out today... I found a Prestige Auto Lab and I thought it was it. Sent them pics and they said it's not theirs... Found a Prestige HID on Facebook but it said permanently closed. Guess I'm going to try and take it back to stock...
I was hoping the factory 3-prong connector would still be there but it's missing. Going to bike shop in the morning to talk them..

Latest posts

Back