Gen II pothole mishap, rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the dremmel method is good. I've one is many times. Easier to run a bead of weld on the inside of the race. Shrinks and can easily be tapped out.

If anyone has any tricks on how to get that sucker out of there, I will know next time.
I've not done this but my approach would be to apply a fair bit of heat by blowtorch; the aluminium should expand much more that the steel bearing; a wet cloth on the bearing to cool it, should virtually drop out on its own, ok , maybe not but should be easier to drift out,

Thanks, I checked on ebay, found lots of Gen 1 wheels, only one Gen 2, but it was a front one. I did find some priced on BikeBandit and PartsZilla. Long lead time, (6 to 8 weeks)
Maybe Sean at Morley Muscle can help. I sent him a note.
I have a rear Gen 2 wheel I may sell. It has a tire on it with good tread left. Got a custom set of wheels from Germany so I don't really need my stock wheels anymore. Probably just sit in storage forever. Email me at [email protected]

I have a rear Gen 2 wheel I may sell. It has a tire on it with good tread left. Got a custom set of wheels from Germany so I don't really need my stock wheels anymore. Probably just sit in storage forever. Email me at [email protected]

Thanks for the offer dbroadway54. Sean from Morley's Muscle had a used one also. It looks pretty nice. I have it all apart. Thought since it was down, I would put new bearings and seal in it. Just waiting on the new parts to get here. Tracking says before Friday.
Hopefully have it back together soon.

Please start a new thread with some photos!

Me and my 2018 Gen II had a run in with an Oklahoma pot-hole. I think the road won.View attachment 71423 Kept it upright, just took damage to the rear wheel, enough to knock the air out of her.
Looking for best option to get her back on the road again.
Option 1: take to a wheel straightner. Thoughts?

Option 2: new wheel route. What all would I need to purchase besides new wheel? What parts can I re-use and what parts should I buy new. I am thinking bearing, seal. Is that a kit?
Do the sensor rotor screws need to be replaced? Service manual on page 4-25 says replace with new ones.

I know wheel is pricey, but I dont want to be cheap, bike has 1500 miles on her. Like to keep her stock and safe.
How much do you want for your broken wheel?

Latest posts

Back