GEN1 Adjustable levers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lose look pretty cool, the price isn't too bad. I know Yamaha has a lot of cross model part interchangeability so I'd say there is a decent chance they will work. Sean might know for sure.

Well to my knowledge there are no stock replacement that are adjustable so this is why I am asking. They are extremely cheap so I just want to make sure before I buy a pair or two for safekeeping! I did send the seller a question about if it was a direct OEM replacement, but they are from China so it might take a day or so for them to respond.

Don't think its the same. Just browse stock parts pictures and compare them together

Yeah, if you look at the sellers picture, all makes look identical so I believe its generic picture. I cant see how they can say its for the GEN1 vmax then?

There is some discussion that went on yesterday about this here.
Also, mcman had some pictures early in the discussion that had some adjustable levers and stockers side by side.

I saw them too, I went out and took my levers off my max for a comparison, they don't look like the ones in the picture. So then I figured it might be a stock photo.

After reading the description, this line didn't really sit well as someone who is supposed to be in the know on Vmax parts they are selling
Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996?2003
Yamaha V-Max, called the VMAX since 2000 ,1985?2007
I also went through their feedback. There was no reference of any of their levers being sold. Just electronics for cell phones, game consoles, and computer accy's
So being I'm on spring break and can stay up a little later, I researched part site after part site, trying to find cross referencing part numbers of other bikes that the levers are said will fit.

Vmax;
(Clutch) 1FK-83912-20-00
(Brake) 3GY-83922-00-00

1989 FJ1200
(Clutch) 1AE-83912-00-00

1993-98 YZF750R
(Clutch) 4FM-83912-01-00
(Brake) 3GM-83922-00-00

1996-03 YZF1000R Thunderace
(Brake) 4XV-83922-01-00
The Thunderace levers look like they can be modified to work with the Vmax. http://www.ebay.com/itm/26097170104...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1180

All of them have similar numbers, but the pictures in the microfiche look different, from the Vmax levers. Like the clutch levers share the "83912" numbers and the brake lever the "83922" I guess that's Yamaha's code for left and right lever.

I'm still thinking about pulling the trigger on a set and seeing if the ends can be shaped to fit. It looks close, just not in a couple of areas.
I sent the seller an email requesting information on the fitting for a Vmax and said they don't look like they would line up. I also requested pictures of the Vmax version and mentioned there could be the possibility of several sales from Gen 1 owners.

*UPDATE*

There was a forum member that bought the levers. They wont fit. He was cool enough to post side by side pictures of them.

Attachments

• levers1.jpg
    levers1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Face Right - R.jpg
    Face Right - R.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 18
  • On Edge - R.jpg
    On Edge - R.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 11
I saw them too, I went out and took my levers off my max for a comparison, they don't look like the ones in the picture. So then I figured it might be a stock photo.

After reading the description, this line didn't really sit well as someone who is supposed to be in the know on Vmax parts they are selling

I also went through their feedback. There was no reference of any of their levers being sold. Just electronics for cell phones, game consoles, and computer accy's
So being I'm on spring break and can stay up a little later, I researched part site after part site, trying to find cross referencing part numbers of other bikes that the levers are said will fit.

Vmax;
(Clutch) 1FK-83912-20-00
(Brake) 3GY-83922-00-00

1989 FJ1200
(Clutch) 1AE-83912-00-00

1993-98 YZF750R
(Clutch) 4FM-83912-01-00
(Brake) 3GM-83922-00-00

1996-03 YZF1000R Thunderace
(Brake) 4XV-83922-01-00
The Thunderace levers look like they can be modified to work with the Vmax. http://www.ebay.com/itm/26097170104...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_500wt_1180

All of them have similar numbers, but the pictures in the microfiche look different, from the Vmax levers. Like the clutch levers share the "83912" numbers and the brake lever the "83922" I guess that's Yamaha's code for left and right lever.

I'm still thinking about pulling the trigger on a set and seeing if the ends can be shaped to fit. It looks close, just not in a couple of areas.
I sent the seller an email requesting information on the fitting for a Vmax and said they don't look like they would line up. I also requested pictures of the Vmax version and mentioned there could be the possibility of several sales from Gen 1 owners.

*UPDATE*

There was a forum member that bought the levers. They wont fit. He was cool enough to post side by side pictures of them.

I followed REDBONES link to the other forum with those side by side pictures. I am glad this was done so I wouldnt make the mistake too.

Thanks!

I just got email back from the seller. from when I requested pictures of the levers that would fit the Vmax. Here is what I got back.

Dear kj_alaska,

thank you,please check if your original levers are the same as in the pictures

- esellstation

Needless to say I sent him back email stating that there is a big difference.
Sounds like he really doesn't know what they fit.

Unfortunately, in the description, he says the pics are for illustration only. Actual levers will vary. I have been looking for several years and haven't found any at anywhere a decent price and all are made/sold in Europe. The web sites are not in English (except Exactrep). At the prices quoted, I am afraid to order. :biglaugh:

Back