• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Gen1 Corbin Seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtieGirtie

Reaction score
It's in excellent condition. There's one worn spot on a corner on the inside/underside that is not visible when mounted on the bike - I took a close up of that one spot.

The shipping will probably cost me $50, so let's say $250 shipped to the lower 48.

Picture8.jpg

Picture7.jpg
Picture6.jpg
Picture5.jpg
Picture4.jpg
Picture3.jpg
Picture2.jpg
Picture1.jpg

If you can 'fit' a Corbin (I do, and I use one) this is a great deal. FYI anyone who's ever-owned a Corbin knows their Gen. 1 VMax seat has 'the usual' wear spots on the bottom edges: either front 'horn,' the manta-ray-like projections reaching-up to the faux gas tank, the lowest points on the saddle, at the fronts of the aluminum side covers; and at the very rear corners. Once a Corbin VMax seat goes into service, they all get these wear points. It's just a matter of time.

Getting a Corbin re-upholstered in a durable, wear and weather resistant fashion is going to cost >$250. This seat of DirtieGirtie's is a good price for someone who wants to use a Corbin seat on a Gen. 1. I know, I recently priced one to be recovered at a local trim shop that does a lot of cars, trucks, boats, and yes, motorcycles. I've used him before, and having gotten bids from other shops I'm familiar with Florida pricing.

For a purpose of comparison, here's a pic of one of my Corbins, wear points indicated. Every Corbin, except brand-new I've owned has had similar wear. Structurally, the wear-through doesn't affect the functionality, and since it's on the underside, it's barely-noticeable. It's the seat cushion surface and the visible sides of the seat that should be intact.

VMax Corbin seat wear points typical.png

Agreed. They ALL wear on the bottom side like that. And I would bet postage will cost double that so $250 is a good deal if you want one of these.

Corbin has many variations of their seats they have offered over the years, and a fully-optioned one, will probably go for about $1,000. That gets you proprietary patented foams, and removable seat backs in many styles, solid-surface and like a donut (a big upholstered hole) and in different shapes. One of these seatbacks is $78 more than DirtieGirtie is asking, and that's with no seat, it's the backrest price (see below).

A backrest can be used for either the rider/pilot or the passenger. I believe most customers who order a seatback just get one for the passenger, but you can order a backrest socket for the front guy/gal. I believe normally, the front seat backrest socket isn't part of the seat as it isn't standard. But you can order one. Check with Corbin if you're interested in that feature.
#VMAX-GL Dual Saddle for Yamaha VMax $618
#02-SB Ovalbac Standard Backrest (each) $328

Add-up the pricing and if you're in the market for a Corbin, you see where this is a great pricing DirtieGirtie is offering, shipping included.

https://www.corbin.com/yamaha/vmax.shtml

Dumb question but does this seat raise you up or down, forward or backwards? IOW is it for tall guys or short guys?

The Corbins are more of the big and tall guys. The thigh area is very wide and makes the bike feel a lot taller.

I've had Corbin's on most other bikes I've had. I found them to be the epitome of getting your butt sitting IN and not ON the bike, which usually means back and down. I'm taller at 6'1" but not a big guy at 210 lbs... Always love the feel of Corbin's. But I never ran a VMAX with a Corbin so I can't say for this one.

Latest posts

Back