Gen2 17” front wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
I want to change my front wheel to 17” is it will fit directly or i have to do some adjustments, from what i see I think the ABS will be a problem.

The ABS reads from the ring inside the hub and not affected by overall diameter of tire or wheel. BUT, I am not sure how sophisticated the computer is and what impacts the speed vs RPM which I am sure is part of it's calculations are going to affect the system.

The ABS reads from the ring inside the hub and not affected by overall diameter of tire or wheel. BUT, I am not sure how sophisticated the computer is and what impacts the speed vs RPM which I am sure is part of it's calculations are going to affect the system.

Thank you Mr.Sean for your reply
When I changed my rear wheel to 17” the speed readings was changed, the speed readings was 149 when i was 138 in the track readings.

I think the speed readings comes from rear wheel, (maybe I’m wrong)
But what problems may happen?

and is the ABS system will fit directly without any adapter? ( just simply change the wheel? )

You could change it with a speedo healer? You "dial in" the percentage of correction that you want.

Thank you Mr.Sean for your reply
When I changed my rear wheel to 17” the speed readings was changed, the speed readings was 149 when i was 138 in the track readings.

I think the speed readings comes from rear wheel, (maybe I’m wrong)
But what problems may happen?

and is the ABS system will fit directly without any adapter? ( just simply change the wheel? )
I am not sure how this system works but it's looking for a certain number of pulses and I would suspect it thinks there should be a number in relationship to RPM as well as MPH. Alter one of those and maybe it messes with the system and maybe it doesn't.

Latest posts

Back