Gen2 (2017) Oil Pressure Gauge?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the Gen2, in my case 2017, have the Oil pressure issue that earlier VMax has that suggest you should keep an eye on the Pressure? What is the normal Oil pressure for the Gen2?

From what I can establish this affected bikes manufactured between '08 and '11 and Yamaha had a recall for this issue.
As yours is a later model then it is not affected.

Provided that you maintain the bike as recommended then you should not have any issues with oil pressure but depending om you degree of paranoia an oil pressure gauge may settle your nerves. 😨

I've attached the procedure for checking the oil pressure.

Attachments

• Oil pressure check.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 10
The recall was for TOO MUCH pressure which I am not sure is really an issue. But, the only time you need to be concerned is after clutch work since a number of engines were damaged by incorrect oil pump replacements during the recall work. They would not get the basket like up correctly with the pump drive gear and that caused the pump to not work (most broke the gear). Otherwise they work just fine.

Attachments

• recall_lettter.jpg
    recall_lettter.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 22
Thanks guys, great info. I’m new to the Max and my 2017 is practically brand new, just turned 2,035mi. So the Mod list is long, including Nash ECU, Cat Delete n some cosmetic changes… to make it same but different 😅

Back