Gen2: after Cat delete Kill the DB

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mordicant

Reaction score
I used X pipes to delete my catalysator and did the airbox mod with a K&N filter, also planned to flash the ECU.
However, after the Cat delete with keeping the original exhausts the sound was beautiful but too much.. I can't drive to work early in the morning like this, that would be anti social.. :cool:
So I decided to install a DB killer. couldn't find a decent one for the original Vmax exhausts so I had to be creative.
Bought 2 45mm wide 14cm long DB killers which fit exactly in the back of the exhausts..
Sound is great now but not so loud it will wake the neighbors at 05:00 am
EDIT: If you want to use this setup, remove the end stops in the DB killers. I left it in and found out on the Dynojet testbank it is smoothering the engine, it generates too much counterpressure and reduces BHP at the wheel.

2021-07-20 11.54.28.jpg

Last edited:
That is why went with an Akrapovic mid pipe, cost a bit more on the front end but well worth it. Plenty of flow through the stock cans but not much louder than with the cat. Cuz I would have the same issue in my HOA if it were too loud.

Latest posts

Back