Gen2 ceramic bearings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. When Tim Nash was selling the lightened wheels for the Gen 2, as an option he could install ceramic bearings. I dont see them on his site anymore. I would suggest calling him and asking.

WWB is where we got ours from. NOTE, the needle bearing on the rear wheel is still conventional type

Thank you for your help, i will call them on Monday, they don’t have email to contact.

I'm actually interested in what advantage you get from a ceramic bearing. Does it have to do with heat tolerance?

I'm actually interested in what advantage you get from a ceramic bearing. Does it have to do with heat tolerance?
They provide a much lower rolling resistance due to thinner or even no lubrication/grease being needed. The difference can be pretty incredible. The bearings also usually never wear out but are quite a bit more cost then conventional bearings.
I don't have the bearing numbers off hand for the gen 2 but here's the contact info. Shoot Dave an email and he'll get back to you!

Worldwide Bearings
216 Little Falls Rd
Cedar Grove NJ 07009 USA
ph. 973-857-6464
fax 973-857-6767
[email protected]

My rear ceramic wheel bearing were scary bad at 10,000 miles

Didnt know they had a warranty? They are world wide bearings. Got them from brocks performance. I called and told them they didnt really seem to care or surprised.

I talked to Dave and he said that he wants the bearings #s not by the bike module, does any one know it ?

From having a Raider I know a couple guys that were using ceramic bearings I believe a company Boca Raton, FL. Will try to find a name.

Last edited:
They provide a much lower rolling resistance due to thinner or even no lubrication/grease being needed. The difference can be pretty incredible. The bearings also usually never wear out but are quite a bit more cost then conventional bearings.

I'm familiar with ceramic bearings and full ceramic bearing races on mountain bikes but wasn't aware they were available in bigger sizes.

As mentioned rolling resistance is reduced (I'm gonna Google right after posting to see some test data) but also they are lighter than steel (not an issue but on a full suspension mtb a few grammes saved per bearing race adds up) and aren't susceptible to rusting as even the best sealed bearing races are.

Back