Gen2 Gas Tank Removal

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

El Canadiense

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After few riding and fill up, I am doing average of 150 miles per tank. That is with some "fun rides", i think i could push 160 to 170 if i keep it under 80 mph.

My current setup: airbox mod, ecu flash, Dam exhaust.
Is the 150 miles per tank driving until you are totally empty or is that when you hit the reserve?

Jerry Klay

Reaction score
I did the 24 lt that is about where you hit low fuel light. Unfortunately because you have to bend the float arm I'm not sure what is left. Guess is about a gallon or so.

Foreverblue

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the 24 lt that is about where you hit low fuel light. Unfortunately because you have to bend the float arm I'm not sure what is left. Guess is about a gallon or so.
I might also have 1 gallon in reserve or so.. My fill up when the light comes on is around 5 to 5.5 gallons.

El Canadiense

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bags look great. Is the mounting points only the 2 top bolts. ?

Definitely setup to tour.. looks great.
Yes, 2 mounting points and they have a rubber pad that rests against the rear fender. The bags are 24 litre each. I had 42 litre Hepco & Becker bags on my 1st Gen and they are top of the line. Absolutely waterproof and seconds to remove. They also give your body some needed safety space in case you drop the bike as well.

El Canadiense

Supporting Member
Reaction score
more info on the bags! what mounting bracket, what did you do to make it work
The installation is two bolts on each side. It literally does not get any easier. It comes with bolts and spacers. I had to jury rig mine a little since I have the backrest and rack attachment but really, it is so easy I got my 11 year old son to help install them.

The bags are from Hepco & Becker C-Bow line. There are a number of styles of saddlebag sets to choose from. I bought the Carbon Fibre look for mine through vmax.bike but you can also get JUST the bags at motomachines.com under C-Bow saddlebags.

This is the address for the holders.

This is the address for the the saddlebags. They are also available at

why2kmax

Reaction score
The installation is two bolts on each side. It literally does not get any easier. It comes with bolts and spacers. I had to jury rig mine a little since I have the backrest and rack attachment but really, it is so easy I got my 11 year old son to help install them.

The bags are from Hepco & Becker C-Bow line. There are a number of styles of saddlebag sets to choose from. I bought the Carbon Fibre look for mine through vmax.bike but you can also get JUST the bags at motomachines.com under C-Bow saddlebags.

This is the address for the holders.

This is the address for the the saddlebags. They are also available at

Thank you sir!!!!

Latest posts