Gen2 Gas Tank Removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a 3 day ride coming up and to be honest I am on the fence to do this before or after the trip. I don't want to be in a situation where I pinched a hidden wire, or have a leak 300 mi from home and hold up the whole group and then have to figure out how to get me and my machine home.. I may do it next week or I'll do it the beginning of Oct.
Please keep us posted. I am close to ordering one as well and would love to know how it goes.

We have a 3 day ride coming up and to be honest I am on the fence to do this before or after the trip. I don't want to be in a situation where I pinched a hidden wire, or have a leak 300 mi from home and hold up the whole group and then have to figure out how to get me and my machine home.. I may do it next week or I'll do it the beginning of Oct.
Would you scan the installation instructions and post them? I would like to read those.

Pics

Attachments

• Drawing 1.jpg
    Drawing 1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Drawing 2.jpg
    Drawing 2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Drawing 3.jpg
    Drawing 3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Drawing 4.jpg
    Drawing 4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo 4.jpg
    Photo 4.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 30
Placed the order. Tank and shipping charge is 1458 Euro (~1797.99 USD)

This tank looks a little different then the Marz one. But very close.. The pics and instructions are much better then what I got. I don't know what is going on with Marz. To bad they are doing such a crap job, they have a lot of nice VMAX stuff..

Here are the instructions I got from Marz. The dis assembly is pretty detailed..

Attachments

• marz instructions.pdf
    485.8 KB · Views: 12
Not cheap but so tempting. Did they give you a ship date? Got anybody to assist with the install or film this?

They think will take 3 working days to release from customs and I paid for a Premium Shipping (80 Euro) for 6 to 9 days shipping.
Right now I think I will be install this solo as my winter project. I might create a detail steps by steps documentation, don't have anything to film this beside my cell phone.

That is a reasonable shipping time.. Mine went to US Postal and that was a black hole for a month.. That said your tank is a bit different then mine so I would say there are at least 2 companies making these tanks..

I have not put in my tank yet.. Some personal things that have taken priority unfortunately..

Given a few guys have mentioned leaks at the flange for the sending unit and filler I ordered and received new gaskets. Fortunately Yamaha did use the same gasket for both locations.

Yamaha PN 2S3-24486-00 [that is an "S" in the PN]

https://www.partzilla.com/product/y...?ref=4a86025b65ff1fe712db7e9bda750a8a1228e598

Two weeks in from Germany is not bad. How do you like the construction? Does it feel solid?

The construction is solid. The welding is not the prettiest, but it's good. I haven't weight the tank yet, feel pretty light. I will weight and measure the thickness of metal tonight. I can feel the metal flake inside of the tank, need to clean it first.

Jerry thanks for the gasket heads up.

I am slowly getting parts because parts are expansive.... Want to do gas tank, exhaust, air box mod, ECU, and halo rings for the running light and front turning signal at the same time.

The construction is solid. The welding is not the prettiest, but it's good. I haven't weight the tank yet, feel pretty light. I will weight and measure the thickness of metal tonight. I can feel the metal flake inside of the tank, need to clean it first.

Jerry thanks for the gasket heads up.

I am slowly getting parts because parts are expansive.... Want to do gas tank, exhaust, air box mod, ECU, and halo rings for the running light and front turning signal at the same time.
I am also curious as to the real volume. The Schwabenmax website says 24.5 liters. With an internal fuel pump I am sure you cannot use 100% of the gas but every additional drop is a god send.

I won't worry too much on that. A little more than 60% capacity increase (~4 gal to ~6.5), it is good for me with lost a couple % of gas not able to be pickup

Latest posts

Back