Gen2 style scoop inserts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
I recently bought a set of Gen2 style scoops and have been looking across the net for insert/grills with not much luck.

They need to be 3" diameter.

let me know if anybody has come across them

Attachments

• 100_1366.jpg
    100_1366.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 199
Let me know what you want and I could probably make a set. I just can't make them super fast. It would be in my free time and I have a few projects ahead of these.

Todd

Let me know what you want and I could probably make a set. I just can't make them super fast. It would be in my free time and I have a few projects ahead of these.

Todd

Sound great Todd!

If I can't find some, I will take you up on your offer and design something for you to make.

There's no rush as riding season is pretty much over for me anyways.

Mike

I had these made up for mine, take a look
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\1.jpg

Todd im thinking of doing LED lighting in my scoop's to match my speedo and gauge led lights. maybe a insert that lights up a word like vboost or vmax or i was thinking to make them functional as front side lighting. anyhow im working on what i need you to help me with LOL.

There, got the picture, cost me 100 to make at a local metal shop. Still expensive I think.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 123
There, got the picture, cost me 100 to make at a local metal shop. Still expensive I think.

Those look good, hell the whole bike looks great!

I am thinking something like the ones in the picture (it's a gen2 scoop). A billet aluminum outer ring with a stainless mesh/grill in the center.

So it looks like I will have to have some made as there doesn't appear to be any vendors that sell them.

Mike

Attachments

• user2617_pic1510_1244082657.jpg
    user2617_pic1510_1244082657.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 107
Well after a whole summer of having no scoop inserts, I think I finally found something that will work.

I tried getting some made by a couple of local machinists, but each time waited for weeks to be told, sorry I didn't get around to it. So I decided to see what ebay may have to offer.

I found these 2.6" dia. stainless steel vents and decide to buy them. Got 10 vents for $8.00 shipped to my door. Figured, worst to worst, they would end up on a shelf if I didn't like them.

Here's some before and after pictures of the scoops, with and without the scoops inserts.

Mike

Attachments

• vmaxscoopX.jpg
    vmaxscoopX.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 63
  • vmaxscoopX2.jpg
    vmaxscoopX2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 74
  • scoopvent.jpg
    scoopvent.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 62
  • scoopvent1.jpg
    scoopvent1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 57
  • vmaxscoop.jpg
    vmaxscoop.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 75
  • vmaxscoop2.jpg
    vmaxscoop2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 63
Managed to miss this thread so a bit (very?) late in chipping in.

This is what I did for mine.

picture.php

picture.php

The curvature of the mesh depends on the size of the sieve and it is best to cut a ring from the cent as this keeps the mesh symmetrical.
I used black silicon sealer to keep them in place.

I'd love to have a set of these made for my gen 1. Looks like intakes for a fighter jet

Attachments

• 2013-Yamaha-VMAX-HyperModified-LudovicLazareth5.jpg
    2013-Yamaha-VMAX-HyperModified-LudovicLazareth5.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 2013-Yamaha-VMAX-HyperModified-LudovicLazareth3.jpg
    2013-Yamaha-VMAX-HyperModified-LudovicLazareth3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 46
Back