Gen2 Tank pad (Part#: 2S3-W0740-00-00)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fstrdr

Reaction score
Greetings all! Anyone have any pictures of this tank pad (installed or otherwise)? Particularly looking for the straight on pic of the tank pad shape and hopefully some dimensions. Trying to find out if these can be custom ordered. Thanks so much!

Attachments

• yamaha-tankpad-v-max-08.jpg
    yamaha-tankpad-v-max-08.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
When I bought my bike, it had that on there. In my opinion, it looked awful, so I peeled it off. I do not think I have any of those older pics anymore.

When I bought my bike, it had that on there. In my opinion, it looked awful, so I peeled it off. I do not think I have any of those older pics anymore.
Do you remember where you trashed it? 😉
"One man's trash is another man's treasure".

Was September 2020 when I took it off and one piece tore as it came off. It was tossed after that. Also had to use a bit of paint safe goo remover cause it was bonding with the paint.

Do you remember where you trashed it? 😉
"One man's trash is another man's treasure".
Speaking of treasure!!!!! I was in Sloans of Murfreesboro TN. Today getting a rear tire for my 07 which I freaking love and have loved the 1st Gen sense 1989.
But today I walk in and I be damned its another Unicorn only this Unicorn was I2020 so they hooked me up with Ride. I didn't think I was a 2nd Gen at heart. But ummmm yea Isla she is my 07 may have a garage mate. The wife says I don't need 2 so wants me to sell the 1st. Guys that thing is a beast and I freaking Love it. How's the 2nd working out for you guys? They are asking 17,000 it has 6,000 miles

I have been seeing Sean's Name alot on here about parts and his Intel on the Vmax. Don you guys know how to contact?

Thanks

make some paper cut outs to place on the 'tank' to see if you like the look

Was September 2020 when I took it off and one piece tore as it came off. It was tossed after that. Also had to use a bit of paint safe goo remover cause it was bonding with the paint.
I had same problem. Now use magnetic tank protector. I can take off when washing and waxing. Then put back on.

Start by asking tech questions here (helps cut down on how much email traffic I get). But, parts questions can be sent to [email protected]
Thanks... 1st question the Stock shocks I have as tight as the adjustment allows. I'd still like alittle less Sag. I ride for pleasure alot but I don't mind a stiff ride. Is there a shock that adjusts any tighter?

And am I'm a weirdo.. for like it stiff

Speaking of treasure!!!!! I was in Sloans of Murfreesboro TN. Today getting a rear tire for my 07 which I freaking love and have loved the 1st Gen sense 1989.
But today I walk in and I be damned its another Unicorn only this Unicorn was I2020 so they hooked me up with Ride. I didn't think I was a 2nd Gen at heart. But ummmm yea Isla she is my 07 may have a garage mate. The wife says I don't need 2 so wants me to sell the 1st. Guys that thing is a beast and I freaking Love it. How's the 2nd working out for you guys? They are asking 17,000 it has 6,000 miles

$17,000 for a used 2nd Gen seems on the high side, but you are communicating with a dealership. I would look for a private party sale unless you are specifically looking for a relationship with a dealership that will fully warranty and service the bike. If you can do the servicing yourself, go the private party route. Look at some of the posts here and the prices being paid.

Tell your wife NO on selling the 1st Gen. And tell her not to raise that question again. You are a grown man and the Husband in this marriage. Tell her you don't need a wife either....You can make your own decisions and tell her you will likely withhold any future marital relations if she continues to object.

I'm sitting next to her right and I'm reading right along agreeing with your take on the matter. Next Minute this Mofo ZEUS36 has me laughing so damn hard my side hurts. And Hell No on the 1st Gen ever leaving my my hands. I'm not a total Fing idiot but if a person can have a Connects with things With no soul the Vmax has to be it. 12 years old in 1989 here comes my Pops on thing that I think is a motorcycle but hell it could of been a jet to at 12 those Air scoops was insane looking. Lmao

Tell your wife NO on selling the 1st Gen. And tell her not to raise that question again. You are a grown man and the Husband in this marriage. Tell her you don't need a wife either....You can make your own decisions and tell her you will likely withhold any future marital relations if she continues to object.
I'd like to see how this tactic works...if I look into my crystal ball, I see a man with neither a Gen1 nor a Gen2 and an ex-wife enjoying her monthly spousal support payments. ;)

Hi, I bought a Gen 2 in June and absolutely love it! I had a 1989 Vmax for a couple years before I bought the Gen 2, I had to sell my Gen 1 to be “allowed “ to buy the Gen 2. I wanted so badly to keep it but it just wasn’t happening, the Gen 1 had a dale walker holeshot on it and it sounded Amazing to me. Before the 89 I had a 1997 that had a kerker which also sounded amazing. I think the Gen 1 with an aftermarket exhaust is one of the best sounding bike. My Gen 2 has a full akrapovic exhaust which sounds pretty good but in my opinion not as good as either of my first gens. If you could have both that would be awesome! Id like to get another gen 1 eventually. I bought my Gen 2 from a dealer and definitely overpaid but I didn’t care, I always wanted it and when I saw it on the showroom floor I had to have it. Sold my 89 in one day and bought the gen 2 the next day, sorry for babbling on about it. If you can have both do it, buying from a dealership, yes you are probably going to pay way more than from a private owner but how many Gen2s are for sale in your area? The one I bought was the 2nd one I’ve seen in person, I didn’t pull the trigger on the first one and regretted it until I found the one I have now. Don’t wait, go buy it today. Again sorry for the long babbling, I just get excited talking about Vmaxes. Good luck, I hope you get it.

Hi, I bought a Gen 2 in June and absolutely love it! I had a 1989 Vmax for a couple years before I bought the Gen 2, I had to sell my Gen 1 to be “allowed “ to buy the Gen 2. I wanted so badly to keep it but it just wasn’t happening, the Gen 1 had a dale walker holeshot on it and it sounded Amazing to me. Before the 89 I had a 1997 that had a kerker which also sounded amazing. I think the Gen 1 with an aftermarket exhaust is one of the best sounding bike. My Gen 2 has a full akrapovic exhaust which sounds pretty good but in my opinion not as good as either of my first gens. If you could have both that would be awesome! Id like to get another gen 1 eventually. I bought my Gen 2 from a dealer and definitely overpaid but I didn’t care, I always wanted it and when I saw it on the showroom floor I had to have it. Sold my 89 in one day and bought the gen 2 the next day, sorry for babbling on about it. If you can have both do it, buying from a dealership, yes you are probably going to pay way more than from a private owner but how many Gen2s are for sale in your area? The one I bought was the 2nd one I’ve seen in person, I didn’t pull the trigger on the first one and regretted it until I found the one I have now. Don’t wait, go buy it today. Again sorry for the long babbling, I just get excited talking about Vmaxes. Good luck, I hope you get it.

Should have kept both first and second gen. I did and ride the 1st Gen more than the 2nd Gen.

There was also a comment from my wife to the effect... "...So you'll be selling the old bike now?....you don't need another one...." I spun around and said "This from the owner of two Jaguars plus a work SUV AND 50 pairs of shoes?" I told her to stop it. She buys her toys, I buy mine.

Now I have four motorcycles.

Lol that’s pretty good, looking at the list of toys you have some nice ones! I see you have a 2012 as well as I do. What exhaust do you have? Stock or aftermarket? I never thought I’d like the black matte but it has really grown on me. If I could only gat this damn sticker off my tank I’d be happy.

Lol that’s pretty good, looking at the list of toys you have some nice ones! I see you have a 2012 as well as I do. What exhaust do you have? Stock or aftermarket? I never thought I’d like the black matte but it has really grown on me. If I could only gat this damn sticker off my tank I’d be happy.

It's the stock exhaust on the 2012, but a Dale Walker exhaust and Walker mufflers. I have the Dale Walker mufflers on a shelf and put on some Shovelhead open mufflers. Ear plugs required!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back