Generator rattle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frazvmax

Reaction score
Afternoon all. Hope your keeping safe. Quick question, just finished re-commissioning the bike and noticed a rattling on tick over behind the generator cover. Not all the time but sounds like a ball bearing getting thrown around. Any ideas similar experiences? I’ve ordered a new gasket and will have a look when it arrives

Attachments

• 04A43616-28F5-4B77-B791-B46840298916.jpeg
    04A43616-28F5-4B77-B791-B46840298916.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 17
Afternoon all. Hope your keeping safe. Quick question, just finished re-commissioning the bike and noticed a rattling on tick over behind the generator cover. Not all the time but sounds like a ball bearing getting thrown around. Any ideas similar experiences? I’ve ordered a new gasket and will have a look when it arrives
I’m actually thinking now it could be one of the rollers out of the starter clutch as it does clunk now and again on start up

I’m actually thinking now it could be one of the rollers out of the starter clutch as it does clunk now and again on start up
Offending article found, see pic, will have to find a rotor puller now, amazingly it still started ok bar the occasional rattle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 31
The starter on my replacement engine was on its way to going like that, one bolt had snapped, two loose, and the ally "ring" moving around loose. Don't know why.

The starter on my replacement engine was on its way to going like that, one bolt had snapped, two loose, and the ally "ring" moving around loose. Don't know why.
Yes, ring totally off 3 bolts loose all springs etc in bottom of motor, changed no problem without having to undo wiring

Latest posts

Back