Georgia Vmax riders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have Great Bike Brother . That's My Dream Bike

Attachments

• yamaha-vmax-side-view.jpg
    yamaha-vmax-side-view.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 5
I live north of Atlanta and was wondering I there are any riders to connect with? I never see another Vmax on the road

About 10 years ago , there were 8 in my town of Conyers. I moved South to Monticello , off Lake Jackson , and other than my few , I haven't seen any in a while.

Am in Flowery Branch.
You?
I've met Eric. Nice guy.

Back when I first bought my Vmax in 2007 there were only two of us - Me and John Varnadoe on his '85. We rode with a bunch of M109R guys for about a year almost every weekend. The economic collapse I think took a heavy toll on a lot of people in 2009 - 10. Fewer and fewer guys would show up until one day in 2011 I was riding alone most of the time.

Then cancer hit me in 2012 and knocked me out until 2015. Never did get hooked back up with anybody.

Been that way ever since.

Thanks for raising your hands gents. I live in Nicholson between Athens and Commerce. I haven’t seen a Vimax gen 1 or 2 on the road in years. I’ve ridden with a few other guys crouch rockets and Harley guys. Rocket guys want to go faster in the twisties then my Max is comfortable and well Max doesn’t fit in the Harley club. Want to find some fellow Max lovers for some good rides.

[email protected]
Bill Hart

I haven’t seen a Vimax gen 1 or 2 on the road in years.
Neither have I. ;)

Maybe when spring hits we can all hook up and go riding. Looking at the map CBX and I are about 15 to 20 minutes from each other at most. I know it's about a 25 to 30 minute ride from Eric's house to my house because of traffic, not distance. It's only 16 miles if memory serves but the traffic is horrendous.

Nicholson is the odd man out of all of us.

Probably the thing to do would be for Eric, CBX and I to ride up 129 to Gainesville and somewhere and you could take 335 over through Jackson to 129 and ride it up to Gainesville to meet us then we could all head north from there up into the mountains to parts unknown.

We've got 'till spring to figure it out. :)

Plan on Captain Kyle's 7th Annual Rally In The Smokies . We'll be staying at the Townsend Gateway Inn in Townsend , TN. in the fall !!! September 15th - 17th.
Some go earlier to ride without all the traffic on the Dragon. Great roads up there even if you never ride the Dragon.

7th Annual rally in the smokies. We are holding the event on a different weekend this year to coincide with Bone's ( William McNabney ) memorial ride. All bikes welcome . It will be September 15th-17th at the Townsend Gateway inn . I am not cooking this year again the one's that want to will just pitch in on Burgers & Dogs again like we did last year. I have 15 rooms blocked when you call be sure to Mention you are with the Vmax group or Vmax 2022 to get the discounted rate & make sure you are over in the side of the hotel they have blocked off for us . I will have a link for online booking in the next day or so but for right now it is best to call . Townsend Gateway inn (865) 238-0123 DO NOT DO ONLINE BOOKING UNTIL I GET THE LINK FOR US !

Parminio

I'll meet you guys where ever. I know there have to be more Vmax riders of both gens living in our area. Start out with 3 you never know where it will go. Keep in mind 441 out of Commerce goes right into Tacoa {spelling} and its a nice ride to. I didn't know that there is a annual gathering in the mountains so I will be moving to make sure i can make to that as well. This is all great gents we have bikes very unique to the industry and if we are going to love these old beast its nice to do it with like minded friends.

I had a police officer friend who had a couple Honda Blackbirds and lived in Taccoa. We rode to Blood Mountain from there more than a few times.

Attachments

• Rollies BB - '02 On Blood Mountain With Scotts BBs   63.jpg
    Rollies BB - '02 On Blood Mountain With Scotts BBs 63.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 11
We rode to Blood Mountain from there more than a few times.
That's my ride when I go riding. I'll leave my house and go back roads up to Gainesville and pick up 129. I'll ride up to Blood Mountain, pull over there at the top and take a break, check out the other bikes and such.

Then I'll go down the other side of Blood Mountain, turn right on 180, take that over to 348 and ride 348 till it ends at 75. If I'm tired, which I normally am by then given my back and neck issues, I turn right there, get back to 129 and head home.

Rarely, when I'm still feeling good, I'll turn left and take 75 and head towards Helen and take it all the way back up to the end of 180, turn left there, ride that back to 129 and come over Blood Mountain from the other direction and head on home that way.

Option 1 is 155 miles round trip from my house. Option 2 is closer to 215.

I need new tires, just been putting it off. Frankly, I have no idea where I'm going to take my bike to get them put on. Two Brothers aren't around anymore and everybody else has really shitty reviews.

Cycle Gear you have to pull your wheels off and take them in I thought. I don't have a lift for my bike to do that. I'd rather have somebody do all the heavy lifting.

At any rate, a glorious day for a ride. They're repaving Blood Mountain though, so there's a long delay for them letting either side of traffic go. They're almost all the way done with the south side and what part they have done is glorious. It really is.

That's my ride when I go riding. I'll leave my house and go back roads up to Gainesville and pick up 129. I'll ride up to Blood Mountain, pull over there at the top and take a break, check out the other bikes and such.

Then I'll go down the other side of Blood Mountain, turn right on 180, take that over to 348 and ride 348 till it ends at 75. If I'm tired, which I normally am by then given my back and neck issues, I turn right there, get back to 129 and head home.

Rarely, when I'm still feeling good, I'll turn left and take 75 and head towards Helen and take it all the way back up to the end of 180, turn left there, ride that back to 129 and come over Blood Mountain from the other direction and head on home that way.

Option 1 is 155 miles round trip from my house. Option 2 is closer to 215.

We just got back from a little jaunt to Dahlonega for " Bear On The Square " weekend , and came back through the big Forest and Blood Mountain in the Vette. Be careful of your speeds. We counted 5 Smokies in about 6 miles and they were pulling groups of sport bikes and cruiser groups all over the place !

I passed two Georgia State Patrols and one Sheriff's deputy that I think was far more interested in smoking his joint than he was pulling anybody over.

But yeah. They were all over the place. I thought one of the GSP's had me, but I must have just not been that interesting to him. I was only doing around 60 in a 45, so he was probably waiting on a super speeder to go by.

Latest posts

Back