Get your flu shots, lads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Long

Reaction score
Or you will wind up like I have been for the last few days - cold and miserable, aching all over, and without energy enough to get my ass off the couch.
I'm sick as a dog.

Attachments

• Sick as a dog.jpg
    Sick as a dog.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 60
Or you will wind up like I have been for the last few days - cold and miserable, aching all over, and without energy enough to get my ass off the couch.
I'm sick as a dog.

Get well at Godspeed Miles. You look sick as a- lol. I always get the shot. Can't say I've had the flu in many years. So, maybe they have it right or I'm lucky?

I'm sick as a dog.

LOL....all I can say is....DUDE....you look sick.

Get better my friend.

For being a human, you look GOD AWFUL TERRIBLE!!!
If you're a dog just chilling on the couch, I'd say you looked fine. :biglaugh:

Take a shot of apple cider vinegar each day and eat some spicy food as well. The vinegar contains a bunch of minerals and amino acids you dont get much of normally and the spicy food helps create a more inhospitable environment for the virus. A few hot Toddys at night will work wonders as well! Hope ya feel better soon!

IMHO , I'm not inclined. At my age , not really interested in having the flu injected into my system. Call me old fashioned , old school or just old , I tend to keep my hands washed , don't kiss babies , toddlers or school aged chillens , drink lots of water and stay out of hospitals and nursing homes.

At least its not another albino Sasquatch sighting! Feel better Miles!

Aw Tex, you remembered! Yup, that was truly a terrifying point in my life.
Thanks to all for the kind words, I'm sure that I'll be up and at my winter Max mods soon.
But for now, I'm still dog-tired.
Cheers!

Hot chocolate and 100proof Pepermint Schnapps!!! It will cure your ills. Or at least let you sleep:sleep 2:
Lew

Last edited:
I have had a cold for a few days . I will take my chance in not getting the shot. I don't know what is in that shot what I do know as I have only had them twice & both times the next day I got sick as a dog . I will never take one again.

I have had a cold for a few days . I will take my chance in not getting the shot. I don't know what is in that shot what I do know as I have only had them twice & both times the next day I got sick as a dog . I will never take one again.

I have always opposed getting it until this year (for the sake of the newborn). Like you 24 hours later I was sick as a dog and ended up having to get a course of antibiotics to flush it out. Naturally since it was a bacterial infection it wasn't the flu... but I was fine until I got the damn shot. I just hate going to hospitals and doctors offices... always go in healthy and leave sick it seems.

IMHO , I'm not inclined. At my age , not really interested in having the flu injected into my system.
You're NOT getting the flu injected. It's only broken up pieces of the shell of the phage which are no more able to give you the flu than a drink of water.

I'll take the flu shot and be thankful.

When they introduce a band-aid absorbing way of a flu shot I will be the first in line . My pharmacist keeps asking me do I want a shot I say hail NO I hate needles ! I received a shot few years back and felt like crap next day. Oh yea nothing up my noise either but my finger . Get well Miles !!

I have to get the shot to be able to enter the hospitals where our EMS students go. If a student doesn't take the shot, the student is not allowed to enter the hospital for clinicals. That keeps them from being able to complete class requirements.

One time I got sick after the flu shot but that was one out of probably 40 shots. I still get it. I suggest you do too, unless you believe Jim Carrey's ex-girlfriend Jenny McCarthy.
images

IMHO , I'm not inclined. At my age , not really interested in having the flu injected into my system. Call me old fashioned , old school or just old , I tend to keep my hands washed , don't kiss babies , toddlers or school aged chillens , drink lots of water and stay out of hospitals and nursing homes.

Amen. Same here, Rollie. Haven't had the flu NOR a flu shot in 7 years.

Amen. Same here, Rollie. Haven't had the flu NOR a flu shot in 7 years.
I can't remember the last time I've had a flu shot....maybe 10 years? I don't know the last time I had the flu either. I'm not a big fan of flu shots.

You can add me into the numbers that do not take a "flu" shot, I haven't had the flu since I don't know when either.
Get well Miles, after your mods from last year I am anxious to see what your fertile mind comes up with for 2015!:punk:

Take a shot of apple cider vinegar each day and eat some spicy food as well. The vinegar contains a bunch of minerals and amino acids you dont get much of normally and the spicy food helps create a more inhospitable environment for the virus. A few hot Toddys at night will work wonders as well! Hope ya feel better soon!

Something to be said for this! I used to peal up a bunch of fresh garlic, throw it in the blender with a jug of Heinz apple cider vinegar (supposedly the only brand that uses the entire apple :confused2:) and knock back a juice glass full every morning....then go for a fast 3 mile walk. The most gawd-awful tasting shit you can imagine first thing in the morning but I felt like a million bucks!

Now I bypass that wicked gruel, and the walk, and just get a flu shot....seems to be working.

Get well soon Miles (return to your bubbly, handsome Avatar self), cause you really do look terrible! :sad2:

Back