Getting cold again...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
45 degrees during this morning's ride in to work; had to breakout my long-johns shirt, heated vest, and my leather jacket, but at least I was pretty toasty when I made it in after the 28 miles....

Brrrr..... That's chilly ridin'! We've been seeing low - to - mid 40 ' s here in NY as well. The max runs great with that cool air but me the rider does not...lol!

80 miles this morning. Insulated coveralls, 2 hoodies, winter carhart coat, helmet and insulated gloves. Still cold. I was happy to see the traffic when I started getting close to the city. I should just buy the right gear so I don't look like the kid from "Christmas story".

Trying to decide whether to take my bike with me down to Ft Lauderdale...will be spending Oct there and possibly going back for a couple of months after the holidays...:ummm:...Ho hummmmm......:biglaugh:

Brrrr..... That's chilly ridin'! We've been seeing low - to - mid 40 ' s here in NY as well. The max runs great with that cool air but me the rider does not...lol!

Yeah, dropping down further 'n further....oddly tho the cold doesn't seem to bother me as much this year....just a little clockwise twist on the new Tundra's heat knobs and I'm comfortable as can be! :biglaugh:

yeah, stats getting depressing when It gets colder n colder..

Upper 60s for my afternoon ride. Not a bad ride other than getting stuck at a drawbridge for 15 minutes.

Started missing on the way home. Haven't done a sync since last spring, haven't checked the plugs, I'm sure that it's time to check the valves, and I just got done telling in another thread how it's been running great on 87 octane with ethanol in it. I'm due for some trouble.

Yeah, sorry to hear about your cold problems. Summer is approaching quickly here. We had 90 last week for the first time this year and a beautiful 73 today. I'm riding my 120 mile round trip to work for the first time this year tomorrow.

Matt

It's sooooo cold here in SWMO this morning, I had to break out the Honda Rune to ride to work - with it's Memphis Fats windshield, it seemed the warmer option. (54 degrees - lol)

Actually, I rode the Honda so's I could pull the little trailer and go to the store on the way home, and all that 'stuff' won't fit on the back of either Vmax.

Trying to decide whether to take my bike with me down to Ft Lauderdale...will be spending Oct there and possibly going back for a couple of months after the holidays...:ummm:...Ho hummmmm......:biglaugh:

That CAN'T be a tough decision .:punk:

It's been beautiful light fog, the last 2 weeks as low as 45 for my short commute of 10 miles on nice twisty blacktop, until I hit the last hill facing East before workplace, and the blinding sunrise burns the eyeballs and totally blinds you for the sharp 90 degree turn. But the sunsets in Southern Illinois have been exceptionally gorgeous all Summer for some reason. We never had that late Summer drought we usually have and everything is green, and we have had to still mow twice a week all Summer. Very pleasant and unusual.

Latest posts

Back