GF wants a new cruiser. What would keep up with the max best?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatter

Reaction score
OK, so I got my GF a little '95 Vulcan 500 for a starter bike, and she is doing great on it. The problem is now she wants a more powerful bike, the better to keep up with the MAX. Not necessarily a much LARGER bike, but a larger engine, anyway.

She wants, more or less, a bagger-type cruiser, brand not important except no HDs.

I tend to like the Intruder 1400, or boulevard equivalent, (it has to have a really low seat height), I don't know how good it pulls up to, say, 90mph.
Will it keep up fairly well, or will it still dog around trying to pass something?

What would y'all recommend?

hat

You should take her to look at a new Honda Fury. That's a bitchin' bike for being a bone stock 1300. Looks even better in real life too.

2010-Honda-Fury-bike-wallpaper.jpg

Honda_Fury_5-thumb-415x630-2720.jpg

Believe it or not, the smaller intruder accelerates faster than the big one. I used to know a guy who owned both. What about a Warrior ? It's cool , it's fast , it's Yamaha & you can bag it & customize it . Sits low to the ground as well.

You can get a late nineties Honda Magna prety cheap $3k or less, feels light, low seat height, easy to ride and pretty damn quick.

I thought of that too, but she doesn't like the Magna. I will take a closer look at the Warrior, though.

I know you said she was looking for a cruiser, but there's something to be said for hot girls on sportbikes... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Attachments

• 2007_Bonneville_Leslie.jpg.jpg
    2007_Bonneville_Leslie.jpg.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 44
yep ,,,,gals do look sweet on sportbikes....wohooo:biglaugh:

that warrior is a nice bike.....its a BIG beast tho..:ummm:

that honda fury only has 56hp......pretty lame 4 a 1300 if ya ask me.:confused2:

lotsa cruser bikes 2 choose from.......i like the 950 vstar yammie:punk:

look for a well cared for, used warrior. You can pick up an 02-03 for $5000-$6000. Low seat, light (for a 1700 cruiser) and a ton of torque. I had an 03 with high comp pistons and the roadstar 5th gear and loved it. The 200 on the rear looked boss and it's pretty light once underway.

ANother thought. The vmax is a cruiser!! Buy a vmax and be done with it. Then you can try and keep up with her.

Sean

ANother thought. The vmax is a cruiser!! Buy a vmax and be done with it. Then you can try and keep up with her.

Sean

I already thought of that, but she don't want one. :bang head:

Get a Fazer and stick a 1000 engine in it (We could set you up with that). It will take a huyabusa or zx14 to keep up with it. The raiders are nice bikes. The Warriors already have a lot of cool stuff like inverted fronts and big radial tires.

Sean

the warrior has a bit of a reach to the bars and foot pegs, how tall is your wife.

how about a M109, big bike though, and ugly

or a VROD, VTX?

She's about 5'6", but short-legged. I sat on a M109, and a Vrod, this weekend, and the controls are too far forward, and tucked in for me to ride comfortably, let alone her, and I am 5'9".

cant get her an HD then she will be cooler then:biglaugh: you

What does SHE want?

If she says she wants a bigger bike, and is capable of handling one, then surely she can (and probably has) done some research and knows what she'd like to sit, or ride, and buy?

Please remind the dear lady that she does NOT have to be flat-footed on a bike. If the balls of her feet are touching the ground, then she is in control of the machine. There are a lot of unfortunate underpowered riding women (and men) out there who still think they must flat-foot a motorcycle in order to ride it.
I used to flat-foot the Vmax, then I put on the Corbin. Now I can't flat-foot it but I can certainly control it as well as ever, and I sure ain't going back to the stock seat.

What does SHE say???

Latest posts

Back