Ghost Rider, 1 minute in and am disapointed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
WTF does Hollywood think they need to dub 4 cylinder sport bike sounds over the opening sequence featuring a Boxer style opposed twin BMW.

I'm still going to enjoy it tho'

I watched it for the first time last night, other then having a the Gen II in it ,I didnt care for it either!

Thanks for the heads up folks!................I think I'll save my money.........:biglaugh:........Tom.

Come on guys, It's a movie :rofl_200: Me and son seen it at the movies when it first came out. Although we felt it wasn't as good as the first one we enjoyed it for what it was.

Bummer, We watched it for the Vmax and that was generally filthy....
Life goes on, but we could have done better with the Gen II guys
from here staring...I could have been a Bad Guy on a Gen I.....:rofl_200:

My dad and I watched it, wasn't impressed. I used to get the comic on a regular basis when I was a kid. They should have stuck more to the comic lines. I don't remember at all an angel who was tricked and confused. It was always a pact with the devil that got turned around.
I still think the bike was weak. Real weak. The "Lets take the bike and CGI flames on it and color it good" fell way short. If it would have morphed to a radical Gen II custom it would have been so much better. In the comics it was all about the bike not so much "Bonehead" riding it. We'll see how movie number three will play out.

I won't say I hated it. If I wasn't for having expectations about the Vmax I would have just considered it a fair effort at a the Genre. I didn't feel like it was a waste of my time, or the $4.99 it cost to watch it on Comcast on-demand

But it has always stuck in my craw over the years when movies get the engine sounds completely wrong in every aspect. Sport compact cars that sound like big block chevy's etc...muscle cars that sound like 4 litre 12 cylinder Ferrari's, sport bikes sound like Harley and vice versa......:bang head:

I think it's laziness and poor budgeting, someone says dub some motor sounds here and some peon that doesn't know crap about combustion engines, cars or motorcycles pulls some off the rack sound clip files and inserts them.:ummm:

It's even worse when the same vehicle gets various sounds at different parts of the movie like this one, some places the vmax sounded like a Harley, others it sounded like a inline four sportbike......At no point did it sound like a vmax.:damn angry:

At least be consistent, and you gotta think some thought was put into the selction of the bikes, especially the fairly controversial one of dumping the harley and going with the Vmax, The Vmax and the BMW boxer engine both have very distinctive sounds unlike any other bike on the market, an opposed twin sounds like nothing but an opposed twin, same goes for the Vmax, so why not do just 10 minutes of research and try to get it right?

I can understand when it's done tongue in cheek like the cheapest car movie ever made, the original Death race 2000 with stupid ass kit cars purposely didn't due to the fact that a kit car with a VW motor isn't going to sound that cool.......

It's little things like these that tell you they really didn't give a shit in the first place.......

The other one that gets me is drag races that last 3-4 minutes, and when someone is losing they all the sudden decide to grab another gear that apparently they didn't think they needed before, when they're already going a jillion miles an hour...or finally hit the N2o at the end of the race and every thing gets blurry.....:rofl_200:

Or in the original Mad Max when he flips a switch and turns on the 6-71 roots style blower on a V8, fer' chris sakes it a positive displacemt blower, if it's not spinning then the engine aint running cause no airs getting thru period...Plus I wanna see the electric clutch that'll handle a 6-71 blower in the first place......:ummm: I know they have 'em now for small blowers for the Xb and such, but still they aren't Positive displacement blowers, theyre small, and or they have a bypass system where the air doesn't have to go thru the blower all the time...

Eve Mendez was much hotter than this chick too, even tho I usually have a real thing for hot Eastern Europeans.....That and sweet ass Hispanic girls, just ask my Polish wife:rofl_200:

The second movie was a bit crappy IMO compared to the first one....
+1. I would actually say quite a bit more crappier. Nicholas Cage's acting plus the weird dancing like moves and starring he was doing as the Rider was ultra annoying.

He didn't want to return the curse back to the devil at the end of the first movie but in this one, he is trying to get rid of it? Made no sense!

Worse bike to use in Eastern Europe when you have to fill it up every 80 miles or so, no?

Anyhow, talk about a Powder-Coating job gone bad:
ghost-rider-3.jpg

:biglaugh:

Back