Gimme a fork boys, shes done.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Diagnosed the Vmax today. Evidently I broke the crank. I'm not rebuilding it again, so she's for sale. If she wont sell in a month on CL I'll part her out on here. Got a lot of good parts.

I rode my Max pretty hard but not nearly as hard as some of these boys and at 50k she signed off. I can't go without a bike as long as I did last time the case had to be split.Riding season is upon us and my only other vehicles being my 1969 chevelle and my 1969 c-20 I need something that will get me where I need to go reliably and with better than 10mpg :(

dude... thats bunk man. hope you find a suitable replacement. good luck.

peace,
evan...

That totally blows.....I would build the shit out of it but I know it's not fun being without a bike too....good luck GLB

Thats really blows. i have yet t blow a bike motor an I beat the crap out of them. getting more than 10 MPG now is necessary or deep pockets of money for fuel.

Wow, did you do anything that might have provoked this? Just randomly dropping a crank seems really strange....

Granted my bike didn't have the mileage yours does, only about 30k, but I'd laid it against the stop on the highway many times for minutes at a time....never missed a beat. Certainly didn't baby the thing.

Out of curiosity what bike do you have your eye on for a replacement?

We theorize that a a miss aligned pick up coil bracket might have caught the lip on the stator under WOT putting a load on just the end of the crank that snapped. It snapped just inside the case taking the first counter balance with it. So astoundingly it still fires right up if bump started but it won't last long that unbalanced. She's a trooper. She made it home in this condition.

I've got eyes locked on an 06 VFR800. Sounds like a Vmax that's nuts haven't dropped yet and performs admirably for in city and sport touring. Going rate is about 5k

Dang, sorry for your loss. I hope someone buys it and outs it back together. That's a good price considering all the mods.

I've seen the end of the crank break off a couple of times and no real reason for it. Just quits running when it does that since nothing triggers the electronics. The fix was simply put in another crank since it didn't do any real damage to the block. Not sure if this is the case on yours?

I posted that craigslist link at customfighters.com for you as well.

Thank you!

And no Sean it does not appear to have any case damage although I'm sure the bearing is history. I just don't have it in me to tear it down again. I'm lost without my bike.

Back