Ginger Baker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of a troubled soul, but an amazing drummer with a unique style.

Rolling Stone had a great bio on him awhile-ago. Evidently he was a lover of a couple of things: thoroughbred horses, and methamphetamine. He had a farm where he kept millions of dollars-worth of thoroughbreds, and over-time, his personal bank account dwindled-away. It supposedly got to the point, that he was in-danger of losing his farm and the horses, but his Cream pals stepped-in and did a benefit to help him get back on firm ground, financially.

Cream, Blind Faith, Ginger Baker's AIr-Force, got 'em all. I have to-say, his work is among my all-time favorite songs/albums.

I'd think that he must be ranked as one of the best drummers, ever. I had just heard Toad recently, before he died, and I recalled how it had been an issue, the length of it for radio airplay.

This is a great read: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-devil-and-ginger-baker-197154/

Ran across this thread and had forgotten Ginger passed. Spent the last two days in the shop listening to him, Jack Bruce, Robin Trower and others. A really nice nostalgic diversion. A break from the “Blooze” if you will…

Has anyone seen the movie about him called "Beware Mr Baker"?, I think that's what I remember it was called.
He was definitely a colorful character.

Latest posts

Back