Glock Customer Service???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaboom

Reaction score
Anyone ever deal with them??

My G26 is involved in a frame recall.....

They want me to go to my FFL and send it back to Glock so they can change the frame........

Unfortunately this will cause me and my FFL to treat it like a new handgun entering NY.......and my frame serial # will be different than my slide and barrel serial #......and I am sure that my FFL and NY will try to find a way to get $$$ from me for doing this......

Any suggestions........

I am seriously considering trying to get them to replace my gun with a whole new unit since it is going to be treated as a new gun anyhow.....:confused2:

Can't you just break it down and send them the frame through UPS?

No......the frame is classified as a firearm......the slide and barrel are not......

I can mail the slide and barrel anywhere........not a firearm.......

The plastic frame........FIREARM:damn angry:

No......the frame is classified as a firearm......the slide and barrel are not......

I can mail the slide and barrel anywhere........not a firearm.......

The plastic frame........FIREARM:damn angry:

Crazy, I thought it would be the other way...Are they paying for the shipping and fee's?

Crazy, I thought it would be the other way...Are they paying for the shipping and fee's?

I don't know......hence this thread.....I'm hoping somebody has done this before....:confused2:

I dealt with them 18 or 19 years ago, they were out standing. After about 3000 rounds i developed a burr on the feed ramp of my G17, the last round in the mag woulndt' feed, they polished the feed ramp, put in a new spring and guide rod, replace the springs and floor plates of the mags and sent it back to me free.

Search for FFL dealers in your state that will do shipping for you. I saved a listing of people in mine that will ship and receive firearms. They also post the fees. In Mo., they range from 10 to around 40 bucks.
The frame thing seems unfair, but parts of the gun have to be labeled as 'trackable', like a barreled receiver or receiver for a rifle.

I don't believe that you are required to take the gun to a FFL to send it back to Glock.

Individuals (non FFL) are authorized to ship a firearm to an authorized FFL or manufacturer.

I also believe that the FFL/manufacturer are authorized to ship a repaired or replaced firearm back to the original owner without the need for another FFL to be involved on the receiving end.

The USPS requires a FFL on either end, however FedEx does not.

One last note, before sending back to the MFG, remove ALL after market parts from the gun. Most manufacturers have a tendency to replace all non OEM parts with OEM parts whether they need it nor not (some form of liability issue). This includes custom gunsmithed parts such as hammers, sears, triggers, strikers, etc...

I sent it out through my FFL.....

He says I should have it back in a few weeks.....

And it will have a new frame and serial number so it will be treated as a new handgun as far as paperwork and spent shell casing and all that crap......which is why it had to go through an FFL:damn angry:

Back