Go number 5!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup its japan and #5 is riding a Japanese style speedway bike with those wacky bent handle bars hockey pads and racing on asphalt is hows japs race speedway. this looks to be some kind of exhibition race with 2 sport bikes 2 supermotos and the 1 speedway bike on a Japanese speedway style track. pretty cool video! nice to see the speedway bike win, i grew up racing speedway in so-cal so i really appreciate what is a not very well known form of racing. but jap speedway always kinda boring to me because they dont get those bike sideways on the asphalt like the west does flinging dirt 50 feet in the air balls out sideways with bikes that have NO brakes at alland only 1 gear. gotta turn it to slow it down its an awesome sport!

Last edited:
ha ha I always thought 'gettin yer knee down' was just pub talk :D

Great video. It seems to be making its way around lots of the cycle forums. Definitely a lesser known corner of cycling competition.

("Western" style is definitely more edgy!)

We used to go to alot of flat track races here in Ohio. Scioto Co fairgrounds, Lima, Columbus, Zanesville, and some others that I can't remember where. Always a good time.

Back