Go Pro Alternative

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex85

Reaction score
I know this camera has been mentioned before when it went on sale at Big Lots a few months ago. I just thought I would pass this deal on woot.com along for those who missed it before.

http://tech.woot.com/offers/emerson-720p-actioncam-with-mounting-kit

It is the emerson action camera with mounting kit. Definitely a cheaper alternative to Go Pro and the other premium cameras.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

Only $40 but only 720 progressive & 5 MP. Still for that price you can throw it away if it goes bad & not feel bad about the $.

Does it have audio?

Based on reviews elsewhere multiple people said it "has decent sound quality." So my assumption would be the video includes audio.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

It has audio, the video quality is about what you'd expect from a $40 camera though. Eventually I want a gopro but that's money toward building a new motor.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Cool. Thanks for the deal! I ordered one. I plan to get a Go Pro one day, but this will certainly do for now.

For the price it is hard to beat and I know quite a few people bought them last go around and others were sad to have missed out. Woot and slickdeals always sucker me into buying something it seems :lol_hitting:

Friend of mine bought one last spring. He tried it a few times and promptly returned it. The video quality was so-so but the battery would only last about 20 minutes. The manufacturer said "that is a little less than normal, but sorry, we ain't gonna do jack for you". He had purchased it through Amazon though so he was able to return it for a refund. Gotta love Amazon's buyer protection rules.

Back