Go to test ride a 2013 Gen2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you2low

Reaction score
Got to test ride a 2013 Gen2

The Yamaha Demo truck was at a local dealership well local enough about 45 minutes away so I took a lil spin there..:clapping: it was from 10am till 3pm got there a lil after 10 had to wait till 12:45 pm to test ride the max.. :bang head:
but it was all worth it:worthy: man it sure is light years ahead of my Gen1 the ride is so much smoother even with Progressive 440 shock and springs on mine :worthy: is very tame if you want it to be but when you want to go just twist..:worthy: its a lil bigger bike but thats good to me. notice riding in 5th gear at even low speeds like 40 mph you twist it and it just pulls hard:worthy: now I didnt get to go crazy with it but enough to know and to feel the power is crazy..
All I can say is Dam Monkey Got me:bang head:
I want one! I need one! I gotta to have one! Im in love again.:rofl_200:
So Know the journey starts to find me one.. Since I found the deal of the year on Dannys Vmax im hopping I can find a good deal on me one now.:confused2: But my funds wasnt right when I listed that one on here or I would have been on a road trip and got that one..:biglaugh: but now im good to go just got to find the right bike now:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Attachments

• new vmax 014.jpg
    new vmax 014.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 90
  • new vmax 008.jpg
    new vmax 008.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 85
  • new vmax 011.jpg
    new vmax 011.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 82
  • new vmax 012.jpg
    new vmax 012.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 89
  • new vmax 010.jpg
    new vmax 010.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 76
It's a great bike and if you love the Gen 1......you can only love the the Gen 2 as well. I never got to test ride one when I pre-ordered mine in 2008. I decided solely on the test ride video below and a report back from Oliver, the owner of the StarVmax.com site who was on the test ride in the video. The owner of my dealership ordered one for himself before me and got his a month before mine came in. I went there to look at his and I was bowled over by the build quality and fit and finish. I new then I had made a good decision. It's been nothing but smiles ever since!

Good luck in your search, I've seen some very nice used ones sell at reasonable prices.....but you have to be on your toes to get the real good deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GV_uwEAKn0

That bike made you do a Miley Cyrus in pic #4:rofl_200:
At-least you weren't twerking.
images

Did you ever get a chance to do more than 60 mph?

Re: Got to test ride a 2013 Gen2

The Yamaha Demo truck was at a local dealership well local enough about 45 minutes away so I took a lil spin there..:clapping: it was from 10am till 3pm got there a lil after 10 had to wait till 12:45 pm to test ride the max.. :bang head:
but it was all worth it:worthy: man it sure is light years ahead of my Gen1 the ride is so much smoother even with Progressive 440 shock and springs on mine :worthy: is very tame if you want it to be but when you want to go just twist..:worthy: its a lil bigger bike but thats good to me. notice riding in 5th gear at even low speeds like 40 mph you twist it and it just pulls hard:worthy: now I didnt get to go crazy with it but enough to know and to feel the power is crazy..
So Know the journey starts to find me one.. Since I found the deal of the year on Dannys Vmax im hopping I can find a good deal on me one now.:confused2: But my funds wasnt right when I listed that one on here or I would have been on a road trip and got that one..:biglaugh: but now im good to go just got to find the right bike now:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I owe you a huge thanks for putting me on to that deal Y2L :clapping: and an apology for not thanking you until now! :worthy:

I hope you can find as good or better a deal for you! I love this bike, it's so smooth and powerful and....did I mention powerful? :rofl_200:

Wait till you ride one with a Brocks 4/1 and DD clutch mod and ECU Reflash. The extra 20HP makes it an AWESOME machine. I have run Gen 2 Busas with Brocks and Power Commanders. Slow roll and they cant catch me until about 140mph. Drag race and I spank em in the 1/8 mile. So far they catch me just passed the .2 mile .

Sounds like fun, what's the cost to set a Gen-II up like that?

About $2000-$2500 depending on what version of the Brocks pipe you buy. For around $900 you can get pretty close if you keep the stock mufflers. Marks midpipe $350 and a re-flash $550.

Ditto on the Ride. I really wanted to ride it more than once. But riding a bunch of the other models made me happy to have my Max. I did order my exhaust today. Said it will be about 2 weeks behind. Mine started running rich on the way home.. Sea Foam in tank again... Hit me up if you want to ride. I was nice to meet 2 fellow owners.... I will continue to play powerball to help me get the Gen2 and my supercharger.....:punk:

I owe you a huge thanks for putting me on to that deal Y2L :clapping: and an apology for not thanking you until now! :worthy:

I hope you can find as good or better a deal for you! I love this bike, it's so smooth and powerful and....did I mention powerful? :rofl_200:

well Im glad you got the bike Danny instead of someone looking to buy and resell it for money:punk: Thats why I listed it on the forum and you was kinda close to the seller:punk: Im happy I got the chance to ride one finally :clapping:

Ditto on the Ride. I really wanted to ride it more than once. But riding a bunch of the other models made me happy to have my Max. I did order my exhaust today. Said it will be about 2 weeks behind. Mine started running rich on the way home.. Sea Foam in tank again... Hit me up if you want to ride. I was nice to meet 2 fellow owners.... I will continue to play powerball to help me get the Gen2 and my supercharger.....:punk:

Yep got to meet Eggohead at the event. Nice Guy sure we will have some rides in the future on the Maxes..
I went there for one reason and that was to check out the Gen2 and ride it.:worthy: I did look at the other Star bikes and they are some nice bikes there That Dealership suppose to be the biggest in VA they carrie Yamaha,Suzuki.Kawasaki,Honda, Polaris and Victory bikes,jet skis and atv. Has a Big HD dealership across the road from it also but the best part it has a nice
Tilted Kilt Pub right beside..:worthy:
:rofl_200::rofl_200: I think eggohead road almost every bike in the line up..:rofl_200::rofl_200: it was free and fun so I dont blame him:punk:

About $2000-$2500 depending on what version of the Brocks pipe you buy. For around $900 you can get pretty close if you keep the stock mufflers. Marks midpipe $350 and a re-flash $550.

I rode Jeff's (Kosrider) at Thunder and he has Mark's mid pipe (sounds awesome!) and I believe he has the re-flash done as well. It is a very strong runner and made Redbone feel like a mini bike when I rode it again. I really liked the gen2 power that's always there, then couple that with the smooth drivetrain and ergonomics that fit me pretty well, it would be a nice addition to the stable.
But, as I've stated before, I will probably save for a Super Tenere since I want a bike I can ride down 2 tracks or knock off some long rides, both locally and the far beyond( you know, like Miles Long far beyond!✌️)
If I could afford 4 bikes it would be:
1) Redbone
2) Gen 2
3) Super Tenere
4) Husaberg FE 570

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost!

Last edited:
Glad you got to ride it. I bought mine without a test ride. I sat on one at the dealer back in 2009 and was hooked. It just fit!! The idea it had much more power was the icing on the cake. I love the bike, it handles so well and gets complimented on every where I go on it. GET ONE!! :biglaugh:

YEAH..........and this is the same reason I never want to try heroin!!!!

Glad you got to ride it. I bought mine without a test ride. I sat on one at the dealer back in 2009 and was hooked. It just fit!! The idea it had much more power was the icing on the cake. I love the bike, it handles so well and gets complimented on every where I go on it. GET ONE!! :biglaugh:

I rode one at a Yamaha test ride back in 2009 and was impressed, my recent ride was even more impressive. I have done a lot of work to Redbone since that first ride but the gap is still there, the Gen 2 is a well built, nice handling and very powerful motorcycle.
I'm glad you were rewarded with a m/c that met or exceeded your expectations.
While owning a Gen 2 is on my bucket list of bikes I have to be realistic about where I live and with my m/c bucket list $ limitations. There is just too much of an allure to ride on all the dirt trails in my area to add a third street only bike (also own a FZ-1). I also want to to be able to do long rides to explore more of the natural beauty that abound in this continent of ours (Read as: Adventure style touring). I too will most likely end up buying before riding a Super Tenere but with extensive research I believe this will be the best ADV bike as far as cost/ reliability/ farkling. It is going to run $3-5000 to get it set up to my liking, which is in addition to the ~$12,000 purchase price.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost!

Back