God knows what happened...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bawls

Reaction score
just thought that i would post some pics. of my friend's wreck last year. We were riding down the "silver strand" that connects coronado to imperial beach california. I was in my jeep liberty, and he was riding next to me asking if i wanted to go to REI to get supplies for sere school. All of the sudden his eyes got really big and the next thing i knew he was spinning on his back in front of me like a ninja turtle while his bike wheelied down the road for about 50 feet the started flipping end over end. Keep in mind, had he been screwing around and crashed i would have been the first person to make fun of him and call him out on it. The insurance company gave him more than he payed for the bike and an "expert" lol said that from what he could tell the throttle return cable snapped causing it to go to WOT and hanging in 3rd gear. all in all, he didn't fare to bad considering the fact that he almost got ran over. His alpinestar textile jacket saved his back, but he was wearing regular jeans and ended up with some pretty bad road rash. I haven't had a gsxr 1000, so i don't even know if it works the way that the guy was talking. he said that it has a throttle cable and a throttle return cable that pull against each other, so if one snaps it will do that. Doesn't really sound right to me though. Who cares, he got 8,000 for an 03 model with 21,000 miles on it that he payed 5,000 for a year prior.

PictureorVideo632.jpg

wreck3.jpg

PictureorVideo650.jpg

PictureorVideo642.jpg

PictureorVideo641.jpg

PictureorVideo647.jpg

PictureorVideo634.jpg

Hope your buddy is OK, that is a pretty nasty rash. I can't believe the damage to the bike! The front rim is snapped right off, rear sub frame broken off!

check out the pic. of his rear wheel. oh yeah, I forgot to say that the cop on his FJR1300 said "there's no way that bike could have just wheelied up. I've got a 1300 that is way faster than that thousand and it doesn't wheelie."

Back