Going back to stock from cobras.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnymax

Reaction score
With the wealth of knowledge I have gained from this forumI am going to take off the cobra mufflers that came on the bike when I bought it. Removing the stock caps and drilling them out. Any hmjetting recommendations?

I forget where you are, please add your location below your avatar so I can knw that at a glance, thanks.

Stock US main jets are usually 152.5 but I'd try 147.5 Mikuni jets. Be aware Dynojet #'s are not the same orifice size or # as Mikuni's #'s!

VMax carburetor USA and CALIF..png

Last edited:
Spokane WA
Thanks, I hope someone in your area can serve as an occasional riding buddy, or as a resource for fixing things, as the siamese twins said, "two heads are better-than one!"

Once you replace those non-performer Cobras, you are going to be amazed.

I am new to vmax's but not to motorcycle performance. The dynojet thing goobers alot of folks up! LOL. I sold my GS 1100 based 1570 car tire bar bike to buy my VMax. I appreciate the help with my dream bike, I have wanted one since I was a freshman in high school and I got one now.

Your modded GS1100, was it an E or an ES? That was probably quicker/faster than a VMax, by quite a bit.

Your modded GS1100, was it an E or an ES? That was probably quicker/faster than a VMax, by quite a bit.
My gsIMG-1148.jpg was a car tire bar bike 1570 MTC big bore with Lectrons and it had run 8.50's in the 1/4. Yes it was much faster in a straight line..LOL. Having ridden a very nice stock form the GS, it was not as fast as my Max.

My buddies at the shop I spend time at, love the air-cooled GS'es. They use turbos and/or NOS in their builds. Of course the 'busas get the attention now, but they still build the 4-V GS Suzukis, like you said, with big-bores and they also run Lectrons. They have what the shop owner calls a 'learner-bike:' a 1500cc GS 1100, running 15:1, a 100 wet-shot NOS, w/a 7" slick, 3 speed auto trans, slider MTC clutch, Schnitz Pro Series II electronics, w/a DYNA Pro ignition box run with the Schnitz electronics, on a 69" wheelbase, wheelie bars, a carbon-fiber body, a CBR600 front end w/a steering damper.

Besides Blazing Saddles, Alex Karras was great in Victor, Victoria with Julie Andrews and James Garner.

My buddies at the shop I spend time at, love the air-cooled GS'es. They use turbos and/or NOS in their builds. Of course the 'busas get the attention now, but they still build the 4-V GS Suzukis, like you said, with big-bores and they also run Lectrons. They have what the shop owner calls a 'learner-bike:' a 1500cc GS 1100, running 15:1, a 100 wet-shot NOS, w/a 7" slick, 3 speed auto trans, slider MTC clutch, Schnitz Pro Series II electronics, w/a DYNA Pro ignition box run with the Schnitz electronics, on a 69" wheelbase, wheelie bars, a carbon-fiber body, a CBR600 front end w/a steering damper.

They are a superb platform for running consistent, fast and reliable.. They closed down our local track and I didn't have the heart to let it sit in the garage any longer. That being said, I bought my VMAX with the proceeds from selling it... Not all bad..

Al
Besides Blazing Saddles, Alex Karras was great in Victor, Victoria with Julie Andrews and James Garner.

All I remember from that one is Julie Andrews' bare breasts. Quite a shocking departure from SOM and MP.

(And how many other actors have knocked down a horse with a punch and made it believable?)

EDIT: Looks like my memory is faulty. Luckily I checked. It wasn't Victor, Victoria. It was S.O.B.

Last edited:
Back