Going to buy Marks or Holeshot

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnc1go

Reaction score
I listened to Marks Pipes and Dale Walker Holeshots on the web. Without hearing both in person, I think I like the sound of Marks better, but I like the look of the Holeshots better. I am not sure which system would give me the best horsepower increase, but that's secondary as I'm already getting 113 at the rear tire with stock exhaust, the bike scares of the hell out of me without any additional power. Has anyone heard both the Marks and Holeshot exhaust systems in person and have an opinion they would like to share. Any help would be apprececiated, as I'd like to get this done before riding season starts.

i own walker but if i was buying new all over again i'd go marks. he offers more for less.

hands down marks!!! one hell of a friendly guy, ive talked to him twice now about my 4 into 1. his 4 into 1 is the only one on the market that i am aware of that you are able to retain your center stand. mine should be here in about a week and a half, i'm so excited!!!!

I listened to Marks Pipes and Dale Walker Holeshots on the web. Without hearing both in person, I think I like the sound of Marks better, but I like the look of the Holeshots better. I am not sure which system would give me the best horsepower increase, but that's secondary as I'm already getting 113 at the rear tire with stock exhaust, the bike scares of the hell out of me without any additional power. Has anyone heard both the Marks and Holeshot exhaust systems in person and have an opinion they would like to share. Any help would be apprececiated, as I'd like to get this done before riding season starts.

I have holeshots and i agree with you, looks go to walker, but sound goes to mark (imo). and i agree with Garrett, if i would do it again, i would go with Marks...

I have Mark's on both max's....the '99 dyno'd @ 117 hp with the Mark's, don't know what it was in stock config.

If you get a set it would be very interesting to see what your hp gain is, if any. The carb work for the Mark's is very simple, total job takes less than 1 hour, with a coffee break.

I owned both and the Marks is dramatically better if you like the small block V8 sound. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Mark is very easy to work with, if you have any issues after the sale he stands behind his work.
Marks not installed 1.jpgMarks not installed 2.jpgMarks not installed 3.jpgMarks not installed 4.jpgMarks not installed 5.jpg
This is how they look at the end of 2 seasons, they're a little dirty in these pics but a little polishing then they will almost look like new again!:punk:
IMG_1261.jpgIMG_1172.jpg

Well I guess I will jump on the bandwagon, LOL.

I agree with the general consensus here. Holeshots look better, Marks sound better. There will not be a noticeable horsepower difference between the two.

I had a set of marks and loved them. Currently running a old style hindle 4-1. I think the Marks pipes sound better that this one too.

Redbone, Your drivin me nuts with those girls.:biglaugh:

I have 4-2 mark's on my 94 and I really think if things work out I'll use Mark's 4-1 on my 89 when these kerker's die (Which may be soon). Mark is fantastic to deal with...

Last edited:
omg redbone plz make a calender with bigger versions of your girlfriends plzzzz

Well I guess I will jump on the bandwagon, LOL.

I agree with the general consensus here. Holeshots look better, Marks sound better. There will not be a noticeable horsepower difference between the two.

I had a set of marks and loved them. Currently running a old style hindle 4-1. I think the Marks pipes sound better that this one too.

Nonesense.

Its obvoius that Marks looks either sounds better :)

Johnc1go,
got my Mark's 4-2 system last fall and love the amazing sound these bad boys provide & the performance gains over the stock condition. As Dannymax stated - very easy to make the carb corrections for the Marks. Only regret .... wish I'd gotten them a couple years ago !!!

Johnc1go,
got my Mark's 4-2 system last fall and love the amazing sound these bad boys provide & the performance gains over the stock condition. As Dannymax stated - very easy to make the carb corrections for the Marks. Only regret .... wish I'd gotten them a couple years ago !!!
So much for " I want to keep it stock " :rofl_200: Looking forward to hearing that new exhaust Jeff!

not trying to take anything away from marks, but i really love the holeshots i have on my max, they sound wonderfull and perform awsome, great power ect..

Hands down, the highest quality best fitting I've seen and I've seen a lot of Vmax exhaust. It just needs a crossover IMO.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Back