gonna get my butt kicked this weekend.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
Yep,..heres the story....a couple weeks ago I had a "role on" race with a fellow on his kawasaki R-9. My boost was not working and he didnt get by me till the top of 3rd gear. Hey, I had fun....didnt matter that I got beat.Any way ,he told me he wanted to "go again" after my boost was working....sure, why not, I love racing. So, last night he road up to me with his buddy.Instead of racing me again,..he wants his buddy on his brand new XR-10 to race me. I said sure. His buddy is HORRIBLE out of the hole. We have a marked 1/4 mile that everone uses out here,..and If I can get a decent jump on him, it should be interesting. I ran this same guy last year...he had a 900GXR and i was on my big bore sporty.Mine ran 12.9 to 12.7 and I slaughtered him through the 1/4. I came out of the hole straight and hard. He's the shits on take off. He's got the fastest bike around ,but he cant ride.Hope my boost module gets here before saturday.If the sun is shinning just right,and the wind is at my back, and his hole shot is bad,and if I have some luck on my side,..I'll get him.....I'm excited allready.

Re: gonna get my but kicked this weekend.

you can do it!Ive raced some of those big sport bike and won,its not just about the hole shot,you gotta have some balls too.even if he gets a good hole shot hes gotta keep the front end down.YOU CAN WIN!

Ya, holeshot makes or breaks races. Where on the Max once you get going you can pretty safely just mash the gas and go, sportbikes always want to go over backwards...the big liter bikes often can't really go WOT until third gear so so, depending on setup and rider.

My wife says to me after work.."honey we should cover up the plants, and bring the flower pots in on thursday" Huh? :ummm: Why I ask....The weather man days its going to snow this weekend. NOOOOO!! Well that ends that! What a messed up year! 80 above,then down to freezing :damn angry: in just 3 days. I will have to take a" rain check" on that race,...or should I say "snow check"

I smoked a Duc 1198 last yr.
A good tire really helps too.

Better yet, talk them into 1/8 mile. the V-max with a good drag racer will beat "about" most ANY bike out there. Will be alot closer anyway.
Michael

Back