Good Day Yesterday

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Dave, Vmax626, came over and we had a mini carb rebuild day for his bike.

Found a couple of things wrong with his carbs, nothing major.
Changed out his pilots to 42.5s plus he had the wrong style jets in the first place
Replaced all his mains with 162.5s
Reset all his floats, they were all a little lean.
Found an o-ring that needed replaced.

Got them installed and he reported his bike ran like a million bucks afterwards.

Best part of all....He gave me a birthday card from his Family :punk::eusa_dance::worthy:
It had a $50 Visa gift card in it.
Looks like the mod monkey is getting some more money :biglaugh:

very nice fargo. hope it goes to good use! i like dealing with dave, always very appreciative!

Thanx guys,
Yes it was a good day.
While riding out to Fargo`s which is a good 63 miles, the bike was surging and acting like it wanted more fuel but wasn`t getting it, so we popped off the carbs and did a little surgery and lo and behold what we found was pretty strange to me.
Fargo pointed out to me the difference in the jets that were in the jet block and they looked like sprinklers(the holes for the fuel to pass through were in the sides of the jets :ummm:) so, we put in the ones that had the holes in the bottom and bigger mains but we didn`t have the time to synch them so I rode it home like it was and the bike ran a monster!!!
I can`t say how happy I am. (I couldn`t sleep last night thinking `bout it LOL.)
Every time I talk to Fargo, I learn something new:worthy:.
I`m going out to synch. the carbs and I can`t wait to see how it runs then.
Most all of my old friends have moved away, but I thank God for my new ones.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Good stuff! Nice to hear a success story, with the help of a fellow vmaxer. Glad the bike runs good, and it will probably be even better with a sync!

Latest posts

Back