good lowering height with progessive springs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
my riding style is mostly cruising. I bought a set of progessive springs and a lowering kit from Sean. I got everything apart and i'm trying to decide how low should i go. I want to be able to use the center stand still without having to put the bike on a 2x4. I'm not lowering the rears. I weight 220 with all my riding gear. I have shinko 120 in the front and 170 in the rear. i don't want to be hitting the radiator low ;)

Should i go 1 inch or 1.5? I liked sean's seat because now i'm flat foot at redlights. My main reason for doing this mod was when the seat was stock i'm 5'9 so i was almost on my tippy toes at redlights. But more handling is always good :)

THanks,
Sid

Yes, Sean exchanged forks with me and they are lowered 1"inturnally. They work great. The bike tracks straight and corners much better.

Dave

Yes, Sean exchanged forks with me and they are lowered 1"inturnally. They work great. The bike tracks straight and corners much better.

Dave

dang one of my retainer clips got bent and my stealer doesn't have any instocks so i'm going to have to wait to put everything back together.

how hard is it to install the clip with everything on the bike?

Also i noticed one of my orings where leaking from the top of the fork so i went ahead and ordered those two. i also ordered exhaust gaskets to do the oil o-ring mod... still not sure about tackling that job....

thanks,
sid

You can probably bend the locking wire back to normal and be fine. It is only holding the seal in place and maybe a tiny bit of backup for the upper bushing.

Sean

Back