Good mechanic in NYC?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkuberek

Reaction score
noob here.

Got my first bike last week and it's a 1991 vmax. It's running well, but I would like to have a mechanic look at it. Since the vmax is somewhat a unique bike I didn't want to just bring it to any mechanic. Anyone in NYC could recommend one?

Thanks

Haven't really found a vmax expert in NYC but have found a lot of help here in the forum. Besides changing the tires, I ended up doing most of the work on my bike. It is running great now.

I used 2 cans of seafoam in the course of a couple of weeks, changed oil, thermostat, fan switch and radiator cap. Also did some other cosmetics.

The seafoam did clean stuff. First couple of tanks the bike got worse, I believe junk must have loosen made its way into the carbs. Then after some more tanks things improved a lot and after 2 months the engine is idling well and I have power restored.

Replacing the thermostat, fan switch and radiator cap fixed my overheating issue.

Adjusting the intake screws helped improve my mileage.

There's great knowledge here in the forum and Everyone is very helpful.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Good to here- There are a lot of Vmax's in new york i'm sure someone here will let you know where a good mechanic is.

powerhouse out on long island,,
owner is frank,,great guy awesome mechanic,,
has worked on many bikes for me over 20yrs,,
most recently this past week my 1990 vmax
phone #631-491-6767

powerhouse out on long island,,
owner is frank,,great guy awesome mechanic,,
has worked on many bikes for me over 20yrs,,
most recently this past week my 1990 vmax
phone #631-491-6767
Got your text message. Thanks for the info. I will stop by when I have some time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back