Good News From Washington

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a113ycat

Reaction score
Or not....I sent a question to Dianne Feinstein asking her why the US supports, funds, and aides in countries that openly hate us and regularly burn our flag when we have our own issues with homelessness and poor schools. the response letter is this

Dear Mr. Faulkenberry:

Thank you for contacting me regarding funding levels for U.S. foreign aid. I appreciate the time you took to write, and I welcome the opportunity to address your concerns.

As a leader in the global economy and international affairs, I believe that the United States must be willing to promote peace and development with many tools, including a healthy foreign aid budget designed to encourage democracy, economic development, political stability, and a greater respect for religious tolerance and human rights.

Our foreign assistance spending, which represents less than one percent of the federal budget, reflects the best of America's values: helping those in need. However, it also helps protect American citizens and U.S. national security interests by lifting people out of poverty and turning them away from harmful and extremist ideologies. Ultimately, I believe that these investments are far less costly than any military intervention.

On May 24, 2012, I joined my colleagues on the Senate Appropriations Committee in approving the Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 State-Foreign Operations appropriations bill (S. 3241). S. 3241 provides $36 billion for Foreign Operations, which include bilateral and multilateral foreign aid; global health funding; and poverty and development assistance. The House's version of the bill (H.R. 5857) funds Foreign Operations at $32.9 billion.

It is important to note, however, that funding levels for foreign aid and other federal programs have not been finalized for FY 2013. The Federal Government is currently operating under a six-month Continuing Resolution that maintains discretionary spending approximately at FY 2012 levels through March 27, 2013. It is uncertain when further action will be taken on appropriations legislation.

In order to reduce our national debt, Congress will need to make difficult decisions about which federal programs to maintain, reduce, or eliminate. However, I believe that such measures cannot be arbitrary and must be made after careful consideration, with a view towards balance. Please know that I have made careful note of your views, and I will keep them in mind as I work with my colleagues to reach an agreement on federal funding levels going forward.

Once again, thank you for writing, and I hope that you will continue to keep me informed about issues of importance to you. Should you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841, or visit my website at www.feinstein.senate.gov. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the nation are available at my website, Feinstein.senate.gov. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list. Click here to sign up. And please visit my YouTube, Facebook and Twitter for more ways to communicate with me.

Attachments

• feinstein_letter.jpg
    feinstein_letter.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 6
So..basically throwing money at a problem, hoping that those countries will like us....

So..basically throwing money at a problem, hoping that those countries will like us....

Thats what I got out of the persons response. In all honesty I think this was a brush off to "Protect" me from the truth. Its easy to say we are as acountry doing something good but in all honesty we all know the rebuild and money comes from private companies. So where is this money really going? and if you read the response they never really address my question:ummm::ummm:

Back