Good trade?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckdontes

Reaction score
I have my 98 max, garage kept with 10k miles but does have the clutch problem I posted on here also has a bad left seal on the forks, needs a new rear tire and new brake pads. I paid $4999 without the issues three months ago. I was offered an 02 yamaha fz1 with 16k miles. Bike has been garage kept and well maintained. The fz1 is stock other than corbin seat. How does this trade sound to you guys?

I don't what the clutch problem is (haven't looked for the thread) but the fork seal, tire and brake pads are all easy fixes. Is that why you want to trade, because it needs work done?

That's the best version of the FZ1 in my opinion. I see them go for $3500 around here. Sometimes less. If you're ok with letting your bike go for that amount, I say do it. Variety is the spice of life.

As a cfurrent vmax owner and a former fz1 owner, I will definitely say you won't be bored on the fz1. The bike is a lot quicker than the max and makes for a very fun yet still pretty comfy ride! Talk to HDKila, he just traded me his vmax for my fz1. Maybe he can give some better input

I just did a similar trade! I traded my 85 max with nitrous for MDoe's 01 FZ1.

You want an opinion from someone who just did what you did?

FUCKING DO IT!

Of all the bikes I have EVER owned the FZ1 has now instantly become my favorite. The bike is very comfy (mine came with a corbin seat), has brakes that are beyond incredible and will match or beat almost anything even by todays standards, has enough acceleration to rip your arms off and enough torque to pull the titanic from the bottom of the ocean! It also comes with a HUGE fuel tank (5.5 gal) that gets you 200 plus between fill ups! The handling is awesome and the FZ1 forum is as good or better than this forum for advice/tech stuff if you ever need it.

So in short...it's faster than the vmax, has better brakes than the vmax (night and day), gets better gas mileage than the vmax, has double the range of the vmax and outhandles the vmax (night and day again).

Does it have the attitude of the vmax? Absolutely not!

When I would get on my vmax it always felt like I was riding an upset bull. Hang on and enjoy the ride and if you make it, Godbless ya!

When you ride the FZ1 you feel like the pilot of an F-16, you have all the power, moves and ammo to kick almost anythings ass and you feel safe as can be at any speed.

If I knew what I knew today I would have given MDoe my vmax and 2000 dollars for this FZ1! I am totally addicted to this bike and I do not think I will ever get another bike without an inline jap 4 in it.

As far as poser value goes I get as much attention on the Fazer than I did on the max. They are both bikes with a commanding presence.

Does this help? LOL!

I just did a similar trade! I traded my 85 max with nitrous for MDoe's 01 FZ1.

You want an opinion from someone who just did what you did?

FUCKING DO IT!

Of all the bikes I have EVER owned the FZ1 has now instantly become my favorite. The bike is very comfy (mine came with a corbin seat), has brakes that are beyond incredible and will match or beat almost anything even by todays standards, has enough acceleration to rip your arms off and enough torque to pull the titanic from the bottom of the ocean! It also comes with a HUGE fuel tank (5.5 gal) that gets you 200 plus between fill ups! The handling is awesome and the FZ1 forum is as good or better than this forum for advice/tech stuff if you ever need it.

So in short...it's faster than the vmax, has better brakes than the vmax (night and day), gets better gas mileage than the vmax, has double the range of the vmax and outhandles the vmax (night and day again).

Does it have the attitude of the vmax? Absolutely not!

When I would get on my vmax it always felt like I was riding an upset bull. Hang on and enjoy the ride and if you make it, Godbless ya!

When you ride the FZ1 you feel like the pilot of an F-16, you have all the power, moves and ammo to kick almost anythings ass and you feel safe as can be at any speed.

If I knew what I knew today I would have given MDoe my vmax and 2000 dollars for this FZ1! I am totally addicted to this bike and I do not think I will ever get another bike without an inline jap 4 in it.

As far as poser value goes I get as much attention on the Fazer than I did on the max. They are both bikes with a commanding presence.

Does this help? LOL!
My brother has a '03 FZ1 and loves it. It will out handle, out brake, and is way faster than my Vmax. It is lighter, makes more horspower, but to me it is not as fun to ride at speeds below 100 mph, to me it feels bland. Sure it does everything well, but I'd still take my Vmax.
As far as the curbside appeal, my brothers FZ1 only gets a passing glance and Redbone gets all the attention. That kills my brother to no end and I love it. :punk:

Thanks for all the advice everyone. The guy is driving up tomorrow on his FZ1, ill let everyone know if I'm the shortest lived vmax forum member or not.lol

I would never, NEVER trade my Max for anything like an inline 4 road bike.

It would take something very special for me to let it go, I dreamed of one for way too many years! I'm not done with enjoying it yet ;-)

I will definitly get bored on fz1. It has the same power as v-max and the same torque. About 11s at 1/4. But its much lighter then v-max.
Basicly its R1 engine, R1 brakes...damm its R1 in disguise...

Like HD sais, v-max its a bull and fz, is like jet...

My frend have 2003 fz1. Its faster - yes but not that blast as v-max.

Personly i dont like semi/sport inline fours bikes.

Think, why that guy wants to trade fz on v-max? :biglaugh:

If you want to go faster, stop better, turn quicker and cruise longer, then there are plenty of bikes to choose from.

The problem is .....they?re not a VMAX! :punk:

Latest posts

Back