Good trade?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Difference between the vmax and fz1.......

Vmax is like driving an 11 second Big block Chevelle.
FZ1 is like driving a low 10 second S2000

The low 10 second s2000 is faster, handles better, revs higher, brakes better, etc. Just doesn't have the presence, attitude, and sound fo the big block chevelle.

The FZ-1 is a great bike but not as a second to the Vmax, for me it's not different enough from the Vmax. I would think that a FJR for touring + performance would work well and/ or a on-off road bike like Rusty has (XL650). JMO

Difference between the vmax and fz1.......

Vmax is like driving an 11 second Big block Chevelle.
FZ1 is like driving a low 10 second S2000

The low 10 second s2000 is faster, handles better, revs higher, brakes better, etc. Just doesn't have the presence, attitude, and sound fo the big block chevelle.

+1...

It's like the race at the end of the Fast and Furious with Vin driving the charger and Paul driving the Supra. Different ways of going fast...

I thought about it..

You should ask yourself this : What do you really like about the Vmax?

I bought one, knowing full well the handling wasn't the best. I know that there are faster bikes out there. For me, the Vmax just has that certain attitude to it. It's in the way it looks, the way it sounds, and the way it accelerates like a missile. Also, the fact that this bike has been doing it since 1985...

No one will dispute the Fz1. Nice bike - but it's not a Vmax :)

If you are looking simply for a performance package the Fz1 is a good choice.

If you are going to get a 1 liter rocket why not get a R1 or GSXR 1000? I have seen GSXR 600's out run FZ1 at the drag strip ? The last bike event I was at the FZ1 that was there was only a little faster than the Vmax about 4 tenths faster then mine but I out weigh the guy by 100 lbs. about 2 tenths faster then my friends max. It also had carb work and a race pipe on the FZ1.:confused2: I really wasn't that impressed. I am still not very good at racing the Vmax yet. I know what everybody says the FZ should run, I am just going off of what the last one I saw did run. That being said I wouldn't mind having a FZ1 as a second bike someday.

I am now a former vmax owner so could someone point me to the closest FZ1 forum. Oh yeah, I love riding this bike, its a blast.

Thanks. My screen name is ckdontes but I haven't registered on the FZ1 page yet. I,ll look you up when I can get off my bike long enough to register.

Back