Good vehicle shipping transport companies.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
I bought a van out of state and even though the owner has agreed he would store the van for a month so I can get a cheaper plane ticket.. I'm still wondering if a Vehicle Shipping and transport company would be a better choice as I don't need to see the vehicle. Its paid and mine. I know its a bit rough but the price is right and its going to be a bad ass 4x4 cummins van.

Anyone recommend a good outfit? Or should I just spend 300 on a ticket and enjoy the adventure?

I found this site but it looks sponsored and I'm not sure I trust the reviews.
http://www.transportreviews.com/Repo...ldSilverBronze

Thanks

Attachments

• cumminsvan14.jpg
    cumminsvan14.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 12
How far do you have to drive. If you have alot of gas and hotel rooms, then transport might be better. If its a one nighter it might be fun. Kyle I believe has a good transport co. that he uses.

Its 1300 miles.. Melbourne Fl 32940 to iowa city 52246

So two long days or three easier days of driving and I could sleep in the van.

I was quoted $1150 to ship it but its a bidding war and your not guaranteed that price.

Plane ticket is around 300 and fuel maybe 400

man, the things I get myself into..:biglaugh:

CaptainKyle took care of me.. Thanks Kyle!

I know your all set, but to give you a frame of reference. I take a guys car down to FL from here (NY) for $800.00. It's 1250 miles. I leave at around 6:30 am drive until 8:30- 9:00 at night with only gas stops. find a cheap motel $50.00 or so. leave around 8:00 am, and I'm there by early afternoon. Then I catch a plane home. Out of the $800. I pay for the gas, hotel, plane ticket. I've never kept good records because I do it for a friend, But I walk away with about $300.

I know your all set, but to give you a frame of reference. I take a guys car down to FL from here (NY) for $800.00. It's 1250 miles. I leave at around 6:30 am drive until 8:30- 9:00 at night with only gas stops. find a cheap motel $50.00 or so. leave around 8:00 am, and I'm there by early afternoon. Then I catch a plane home. Out of the $800. I pay for the gas, hotel, plane ticket. I've never kept good records because I do it for a friend, But I walk away with about $300.

The shippings not a done deal by any means.. No one has bid on the transport. But I dont understand how you can pay for gas, hotel, plane ticket with 400.. My ticket would be 300 and at 15 mpg... the math says its a draw if I can find someone for $7-800

I don't want to drive 14 hrs straight. Iv never driven through these southern states and if I did Id, want to look around a bit.

The shippings not a done deal by any means.. No one has bid on the transport. But I dont understand how you can pay for gas, hotel, plane ticket with 400.. My ticket would be 300 and at 15 mpg... the math says its a draw if I can find someone for $7-800

I don't want to drive 14 hrs straight. Iv never driven through these southern states and if I did Id, want to look around a bit.

Usually fly southwest (want to get away) tickets. look for the cheapest day of the week. I've paid as little as $139 one way. never more than $170.00. Car gets around 23 MPG. Depends on gas price, but usually around $200.

Plane ticket $160.
Gas $200.
hotel $50.
Food $50.
taxi to AP $40.

Ruffly $500.00. He pays me $800. 14 hrs is a lot of driving. The whole drive is around 19 hrs for me. I could split it evenly, but I like to get the brunt out of the way. If your sleeping in the van, that would save a lot of cost, and then you could set your own time frame.

I just went on the southwest site. want to get away tickets are between $125 and $136. with advanced notice. If I needed a flight tomorrow, those deals are gone.

I just went on the southwest site. want to get away tickets are between $125 and $136. with advanced notice. If I needed a flight tomorrow, those deals are gone.

That does sound reasonable , but Southwest doesn't fly out of Cedar rapids Iowa or into Melbourne Florida.

Cheapest ticket I can find is 250 a month out. Which the owner did agree to allow me with a deposit.

Kyle introduced me to his friend Dave who has posted my transport job on the "board" but no one has bid lower the $950.

I guess I'm getting a greyhound ticket and crossing my fingers..

Back