Goodbye V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolffmann34

Reaction score
Well.... I hate to say it, but my second V-Max was short lived, bought it last fall and just traded it for an M109R yesterday. I needed something a big guy like me could stretch out on, and a Gen II was more than I wanted to spend.

Though I've not posted much, this forum has been a great source of info and entertainment and I'll continue to read about the goings on in the V-Max world, who knows, maybe one day I'll buy a Gen III.

Thanks to everyone who make this a great forum!

IMG_0803_zps78968b5b.jpg

Nice ride! I looked at the 109 before I bought my Vmax. It was like sitting on a VW bug with handle bars. LOL! They are huge! :biglaugh:

The new ride isn't a Vmax but it still looks damn good. Hopefully it provides the ride you are looking for!

How much did,you,have to pay. I almost did the,same,thing. I love those m109. Tried talking my,wife into letting me buy a second bike she said not lol.

I paid $11k for it, but that number included getting a little more for my Max than I think it was worth, so maybe a little less than that if I didn't have a trade.

My buddy just bought one. It's really nice. It's got some mods. We raced and I kicked its ass. But it still is fast for its size. That's my 2nd favorite bike. I want one bad.

I can definitely tell it's not the V-Max, but even in the first 100 miles I can feel it's gotta 0-30 like no other bike I've ever ridden.

Comfort wise though I rode 90 miles the day I bought it and was ready to go, I'm 6' 4", 240 lbs, I was done after 40 on my V-Max, just too small for me now.

I can definitely tell it's not the V-Max, but even in the first 100 miles I can feel it's gotta 0-30 like no other bike I've ever ridden.

Comfort wise though I rode 90 miles the day I bought it and was ready to go, I'm 6' 4", 240 lbs, I was done after 40 on my V-Max, just too small for me now.

Yup same size at me I'm 6'4" 240 I will never get rid of my max lol. Someday I'm gonna get a goldwing for cruising. I put fwd controls and maxgasser on and love it so for. I still look big on it but don't care because nothing beats the sound ot rush. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yup same size at me I'm 6'4" 240 I will never get rid of my max lol. Someday I'm gonna get a goldwing for cruising. I put fwd controls and maxgasser on and love it so for. I still look big on it but don't care because nothing beats the sound ot rush. :)

I agree about the sound and rush.

But do you ride 2 up much? My wife is 6' and the combination of the 2 of us on the Max made the poor Max look like a mini-bike.

It's funny, I didn't want the forward controls cause I liked them where they were and now I have forward controls anyhow... LOL

I agree about the sound and rush.

But do you ride 2 up much? My wife is 6' and the combination of the 2 of us on the Max made the poor Max look like a mini-bike.

It's funny, I didn't want the forward controls cause I liked them where they were and now I have forward controls anyhow... LOL

Yea all the time but my gf is only 5'7 130lbs. Its funny how that worked out. I love the FWD controls. I can't remember the one suzuki bike but they made them for a couple of years but there very expensive but are big and badass. Lol. Bike looks good tho I do like them m109r's

As much as I like the looks of the M-109, I found out the one time I sat on one that I would never be able to ride one. The pegs are so far forward I can barely touch them with my toes, much less use the shifter and rear brake. Also, I find that the foot position, when combined with the very comfortable (to me) stock seat, that my 03 is one of the most comfortable bikes for me, and the only things I need to do to make it perfect in that department is thicker grips and clip-ons or some other means of giving my upper body the lean I like.

I do hope that your Max is quickly found by someone who will love an awesome machine, and I hope that you have many years on the new awesome machine you have found.

Stick around here. I am certain that you have made many friends who would not wish you to leave just because you have a different ride now. ^_^

As much as I like the looks of the M-109, I found out the one time I sat on one that I would never be able to ride one. The pegs are so far forward I can barely touch them with my toes, much less use the shifter and rear brake. Also, I find that the foot position, when combined with the very comfortable (to me) stock seat, that my 03 is one of the most comfortable bikes for me, and the only things I need to do to make it perfect in that department is thicker grips and clip-ons or some other means of giving my upper body the lean I like.

I do hope that your Max is quickly found by someone who will love an awesome machine, and I hope that you have many years on the new awesome machine you have found.

Stick around here. I am certain that you have made many friends who would not wish you to leave just because you have a different ride now. ^_^

Thank you so much!

You are the smaller guy I've envied, perfect fit on a Max, I'm just glad there are different bikes that fit us all.

I like the look of the 109, especially that rear tire but can do without the awful radiator shroud. Test rode a used one and disappointed with the power even though the salesman said I was in for surprise. Yeah right.
Saw the exact same bike on the way home from the Sunday meeting. It's still an eye catcher.

Yeah it's my 2nd favorite bike. I'm 6'0 240lbs. It's definitely a lot bigger than the Vmax. Good luck with it my friend. I'm jealous ;)

Back