GoPro HD Hero Camera

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmnChode

Reaction score
Don't know how many of you ever took a look at the original Hero cams, but just recently they released an HD version. Shoots at 1080p/30, 720p/30, 720p/60, 960p/30, and WVGA/60. Pretty nice little cam for $300, especially with it being pretty much all self contained and comes with a nice little assortment of mounts.

With that being said, the wife let me pick one up for my Christmas present this year. However, before wrapping it all up and stuff, I took it out for a quick test run to make sure everything worked and check out the performance. Have to say, I'm kinda impressed. It handles wind noise quite well and you can actually hear the exhaust. I upload a "real life" demo to you tube. Nothing special, and quite honestly, a boring little vid (From Taco Cabana to a convenience store) but it will give you an idea of the performance and maybe some ideas for "present request".

Please forgive the little bit of shake. I was using a "custom" RAM mount setup off the clutch reservoir and took the arm out horizontally, not thinking about the vibrations. Take note of the wind noise (and/or lack there of) considering this cam is setup "in the wind" and not behind the instrument cowl (which you can see in the lower right hand corner).

Anywayz, here is the vid, although you might wanna click through to youtube to see it in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8EOnUd32is

Needless to say, I really like the quality and can't wait to start using it full time....just have to wait till...you know...Christmas, hehe...

more info on the cam can be found here...

Last edited:
Very nice...video looks good, and what an improvement in audio over previous versions for a bike. Wow. Really would like to have one of these.

Your wife did well.

You know...I guess I oughta give a basis of comparison....Sooooooo, here is a test vid I did using the Hero Wide on my Venture. To emphasize the audio note, my Venture has a set of Baron's Nasty Boy 4-2-4's and IMHO louder than my Vmax with the supertrapps (if you check my other vids you see a walk around with it)...and it is behind a shield...keypoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqdxiEhzqa0

again, long & boring but makes the point ;)

That's pretty damned clear video. Nice work. I'm trying to do the same thing ... get vids of some of my rides. I want to be able to just shoot each ride and then when something "interesting" happens, go back and keep the video.

Nice work.

Very cool Vids! I wish I lived somewhere I could ride all year long We just got smoked by a massive winter storm!!!!Gonna be in the deep freeze for at least 5 months!!!SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool Vids! I wish I lived somewhere I could ride all year long

I'll admit it...I cheat...when it makes it in the 40's and below, Maxine stays home and Roxanne the Venture comes out to play...That full fairing might suck and times in the summer, but it rocks it during the winter...hehehe:biglaugh:

Back