Got a carb question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Viper and Noble. BIL and a friend by the Noble, yours truly in the Viper. The guy is amazing. This is one of a number of "fancy cars" tours we did with his fleet. He claims to need help exercising them. There's no shortage of volunteers to help him out.

(So much for the OP's Carb Question)

IMG_4147.JPGIMG_4142.JPG

He's probably supporting a few families with the maintenance and upkeep on his fleet. If you've got the $ why-not enjoy what you like?

I used to buy the mags below, still have some. They drew me in, I was young!
I used to buy Back Street Heroes off the newsstand when it featured a bike of interest to me. With talk of the Lotus Europa and on another thread (about Bill Seward's Godzilla which he's had dannymax do his carburetors, and he painted the engine and red-striped the wheels, a suggestion was made, to pinstripe a narrow black line to 'break' the red line into-two) I thought it would be appropriate to kill two birds with one stone, and to show an early family member of the Europa, the Lotus Mk IV with pinstriping by Ken Howard, 'Von Dutch.'

Harry-Hanford-1954-Lotus paint Von Dutch.jpg

The Viper and Noble. BIL and a friend by the Noble, yours truly in the Viper. The guy is amazing. This is one of a number of "fancy cars" tours we did with his fleet. He claims to need help exercising them. There's no shortage of volunteers to help him out.

(So much for the OP's Carb Question)

OMG

I used to buy Back Street Heroes off the newsstand when it featured a bike of interest to me.

I was kinda the opposite, I would buy it for the front page and hope there was something of interest with bikes inside. :)

I used to buy 'back street heroes' regularly for years until the bikes they featured became expensive high end engineering company type bikes, to me it had lost its way from the shed built specials (as the name suggested) to who's who of high street engineering companies

What are these for and how important are they? I notice a small hole on the big end that squeezes against the carb wall, but no hole through to the other end. I fabed one but wanted to inquire about it before putting it all together.

Attachments

• P7060042_LI - Copy (2).jpg
    P7060042_LI - Copy (2).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
If they weren't there it would be possible for fuel to pass through and not route properly through the body. Using a bunch of Teflon tape and the like isn't what you want to be doing in a carburetor, hence the simple rubber plugs.

Okay got you. Couldn't understand the hole on one end and not the other. Went ahead a fabed one. Couldn't fine the part in the parts list. I'll keep looking in case this doesn't work.

Attachments

• P8080009.JPG
    P8080009.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 9
The rubber bungs should not have holes going all the way through as clearly that would defeat their purpose.

But they have blind holes ie a hole that doesn't go all the way through.

I'm not 100% sure of the purpose but it makes them easier to fit by pushing the
the blunt end of a drill in the blind holes.

Back