Got in a wreck today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zewerr

Reaction score
Funny, I thought my first accident on my bike would be my fault and involve me going to the hospital in a ambulance or body bag. Niether in this case. Me doing 35 down the road, old lady pulls in front of me. Me slam on brakes. I wacked her fender and right front tire. The impact itself was at about 10 mph. I was able to ride the bike back home, but that's it. The front fork is all bent and screwed up. The frame got tweeked. I was hoping to take my bike to Rod Runs at Long Beach, WA, but I guess that won't be happening. It's kinda wierd. I was able to ride home, and she had to call a tow truck because I bent the crap out of her right front spindle.

Sorry to hear about your wreck. Still, if you walked away from it basically unhurt.... ya did quite well indeed. That "tweaked" frame may be bad news. I have heard that many insurance companies just write a bike off if the frame is bent. Good luck!

Glad to hear that your OK. The metal can be fixed or replaced. Sure hope you got all the info on her and that she was well insured. You deserve the full replacement value of the bike plus any pain and suffering( no, I'm not a lawyer)

+ 1 for another guy who's glad you are alright.

Have the insurance Co. total the bike which they likely will. Then you can get it repaired. I would bet that it put a dent in the frame on the upper neck area where the tripple came around and dinged it. I have seen this many times. Most of the time the frame will function fine. Check the tripple as it probably broke the steering stop off too. If you look closely the radiator is probably dented in as well but again it will probably be fine.

I have most of the parts you would need (from an 02) to get it going again and save a big chunk of money on the repair which you can use to modify it or just pocket the money.

Another item that normally gets damaged is the Faux tank lid. Usually they get dinged / dented when the bar comes about too.

Later,
Sean Morley

one2dmax said:
I would bet that it put a dent in the frame on the upper neck area where the tripple came around and dinged it. I have seen this many times. Most of the time the frame will function fine.

You mean like this?

im000599.jpg

At first glance you can't really even tell it was in the accident. Then you look up close and see all the little things that got dented and cracked, and also got some red paint swapped over. My helmet got scuffed alittle too. Better that than my face!

im000597.jpg

im000598.jpg

im000600.jpg

im000601.jpg

im000602.jpg

im000603.jpg

im000604.jpg

Wow! First of all, glad you weren't injured! Getting cut off by a vehicle can lead to some serious injuries.:stretche: You're right about it not looking like it was in an accident... until that picture from above showing the forks! Talk about a warp! I take it you kept the bike up and it didn't go down because the body on it still looks mint. And the front fender is untouched ! Any ways get in touch with the insurance and hopefully it's in good enough shape and won't get written off. Talk to Sean (one2dmax) as I'm sure he has a set of forks.

Im sorry to hear about your wreck as well. Did the lady have insurance? Dosnt look too bad in damage but im no expert. Keep us updated on how everything works out.

She did have insurance. I'm gonna try to get some estimates on Monday.

When I first saw her pulling out in front of me, my initial thought before the impact was "I'm gonna go Dukes of Hazard over her hood!" On impact I shut my eyes. stopped, then opened them up. Still sitting on my bike. Bike was still upright. Just kinda jammed halfway into her fenderwell.

Zewerr said:
When I first saw her pulling out in front of me, my initial thought before the impact was "I'm gonna go Dukes of Hazard over her hood!" On impact I shut my eyes. stopped, then opened them up. Still sitting on my bike. Bike was still upright. Just kinda jammed halfway into her fenderwell.

What was your speed? could you have done something to avoid it? swerving or getting in a different lane? what can we learn from what happened.
________
herbalaire vaporizer

Last edited:
exactly like that. The frame will probably be fine though you could have a patch welded over it if you wanted it. We have an 05 that had virtually the exact damage you have. You can replace the forks or even just the tubes (the other one is probably bent too but may not be visible like ours is).

I'm sure the wheel is even warped (which we can straighten to better then new).

The radiator is defently dented too which make sure the insurace co gives you a replacement cost for. I didn't see the tripple - is the steering stop on the lower broken or cracked (it would be the opposite side from the damaged frame).

Sean

Damage has been estimated at $6400. That's pushing the line! It's an '02 with 4400 miles on it, all original with no other problems but the accident damage. Shall we start a poll!?!?!?

Sounds about right but that isn't going to cover it all probably. Once you were to start repairing it you are going to find small stuff that was overlooked.

I'd fix it and ride it but they will probably total it out. Find out how much to buy it back and keep the title clear.

If they decide to fix it, and they miss some stuff that was damaged, it shouldn't be a biggie. I'll notice it all before I pick the bike up.

Latest posts

Back