Got Mark's Exhaust and it runs great. Might want to add jet kit or leave alone.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evenhanded

Reaction score
Is it worth going up to a stage one? What about a Morely jet kit? I wont be doing any other performance mods after this if that makes a difference. Even though 06 Max did an outstanding job setting up the carbs and stuff I still have that itch for a little more power. Thoughts?

Don't waste you money on a stage one.

Seans kit, or a DJ stage 7 are the two best choices if you want a jet kit. Seans kit is cheaper and usually has a better mid range than stg7. Both are pretty much equal on the top end. Neither will give you a huge amount of extra HP. If you feel its worth it to spend $240 or so on a few HP gain then go for it.

I felt it was worth the expense. I had marks pipes and seans kit on the bike last year and it ran great. Its takes a little time to get it all set up but IMO thats half the fun.

And on the opposite side of the coin, I didn't do any jetting to either my '99 or '06 at all, just a 1 mm needle shim and backed the A/F to 3 1/4 turns out and am extremely pleased at how both bikes are running.

Dyno'd one of them at PCW last fall....the '99....it made 117.1 hp & 79.6 ft lbs torque.

And on the opposite side of the coin, I didn't do any jetting to either my '99 or '06 at all, just a 1 mm needle shim and backed the A/F to 3 1/4 turns out and am extremely pleased at how both bikes are running.

Dyno'd one of them at PCW last fall....the '99....it made 117.1 hp & 79.6 ft lbs torque.

That's his exact setup Danny...just like you had me do to mine! The washers I had were a little bit thicker, so instead of .0394(1mm) he is at .043..... .0036 thicker. Air/fuel screws are at 3 turns out. Evenhanded told me that when dyno'ed it was showing rich in the midrange. My bike ran 113.9hp and 76lbs torque, and his was almost identical.

What I am wondering is if adding a Morley kit will get me into the 120's like some examples on his site. That would be great.

That's his exact setup Danny...just like you had me do to mine! The washers I had were a little bit thicker, so instead of .0394(1mm) he is at .043..... .0036 thicker. Air/fuel screws are at 3 turns out. Evenhanded told me that when dyno'ed it was showing rich in the midrange. My bike ran 113.9hp and 76lbs torque, and his was almost identical.

That's right in the ballpark Bob, the 3 1/2 mills won't make enough difference to notice!

What I am wondering is if adding a Morley kit will get me into the 120's like some examples on his site. That would be great.

That's a tough one EH, maybe....maybe not, you'll never know till you try!
How important is it to you to find out? :confused2:

I'm taking all of this in. I'll be ordering Marks Exhaust soon..........

Thanx for the info to be used in the future.

maybe maybe not. i got 119 with morley and holeshot.

My bone stock 88 that I bought new.
Kerker 4into1 107.74 hp and 74.17 torque
60 miles later
Mark's 4into1 116.66 hp and 78.19 torque
A/f idle to3300 12to1 dip to 10to1 at 3500-3900
Marks rise to 13to1 3900-4700 ramp down to 12to1 4900-5800 12to1 to redline
Kerker rise to 12to1 3900-5800 then 12to1 to redline
I would post these charts and pictures but I don't know how yet. Bike is tired. As far as sound the kerker had a stock kerker k1 can and the Mark's his 14" can. Mark's is much throatier and sounds awesome .

That's right in the ballpark Bob, the 3 1/2 mills won't make enough difference to notice!

That's a tough one EH, maybe....maybe not, you'll never know till you try!
How important is it to you to find out? :confused2:
It`s just like you told me Dan,
Good times are commin` once me and Fargo got it tuned properly, the bike runs like monster.
I feel the difference in power and with Seans kit, sometimes when I whack the throttle to pass an idiot on the freeway, I can hear the air suction through the air vents at the top of the scoop I made.
It`s a sweet sound hearing her breath deep like that and pulling past just about anything thats in our way:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:.
I think that E.H. should definitly get Seans "muscle kit"
<<Dave>>:punk:

It all varies on the bike and how well it's tuned to start with. 2-5hp is what I would say given equal tuning. Most noticeable in the midrange though.

Sean

Latest posts

Back