Got me some Delkevic mufflers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an older UFO system on the '94 and the cans have definitely seen better days. The aluminum has some pretty good gouges and some minor pitting all over. The rivet holes were starting to get wallowed out to the point that they were about to come apart. I planned to replace the older cans with some UFO slash cuts or something but I just really didn't care for the bland style of most of the pipes UFO offered. I saw the Delkevic mufflers discussed here a while back in another thread and 44boyd was nice enough to measure the inlet on the cans before install of his set. Luckily, they are compatible. Now, having the UFO system on the bike meant that I would not need the collector/adapter part or associated clamps. I contacted Delkevic via Ebay messages to find out if they offered the cans, clamp and hanger only. Sure enough, they do, and at a VERY reasonable price. $239 shipped. :eusa_dance:

Fast forward to today. I just got the mufflers in and opened the box ready to install and hear a new rumble. Disappointment. This part number does not come with the hanger. Although it is the same muffler, the hardware that comes with it (or didn't come with it) was intended for a different bike. So, I called up Delkevic and ordered the proper hanger for the mufflers for $10.

As soon as the hangers come in, I will get them installed and post up a video with and without baffles on my UFO system. Looking forward to some new sounds!

Attachments

• IMG_00000055.jpg
    IMG_00000055.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 297
I bought some cans from delkevic and they sent me the wrong stuff a couple of times. I think I had at one time five cans in my possession. It worked out in the end but pretty frustrating. They sound great. Good luck.

I don't believe you lee tell tom to play the clip Laugh out loud:rofl_200:

Finally got the hangers in the mail yesterday. I am try to get them put on sometime during the week. The opening of these mufflers is considerably larger than the ones that are on the bike now. I may have to do some carb tuning after adding these. We will see. Hoping that they don't sound like fart cans.

Finally got the hangers in the mail yesterday. I am try to get them put on sometime during the week. The opening of these mufflers is considerably larger than the ones that are on the bike now. I may have to do some carb tuning after adding these. We will see. Hoping that they don't sound like fart cans.

One word-group: "Snuff-or-Nots!"

Snuff-or-Not%20Ad.JPG

I actually had those on some of my bikes in the 60's. One was a 1967 Honda 160 scrambler that had straight pipes, no mufflers with the Snuff-R-Nots installed. Sounded great open but weird closed. Also the exhaust pressure caused them to rattle when closed. Had no idea of how that affected tuning. :biglaugh:

Can't wait too hear them myself. I just put on a set of UFO's Slash's 4/2 and love every single minute. However good is good and they look Amazing!! We're all like kids in a candy store waiting for someone else to open their present. Yea yea I have a life. Seems to be intertwined to the VMF and my 06'

I have the 9" carbon fiber cans. I think they sound great and look pretty good to. But I don't have a video. I would recommend them........:punk:

would you recomend tgem over the super trapps? they are about the sam price. i like the carbon fiber as well, imrunning the carbon fiber tank and fenders. sis you have to rejet any? or were they put on and go. get to keep center stand?

I was on A ride with lee this weekend and his exhaust is cool and the price is right.

thanks mike. I believe i am going to go with the supertrapps. I wish they had them in carbon fiber, but prob go with the black. They are below $400, and come with the disks to change tone. I do like the looks of the delkevic's tho.

I have dual Delkevic cans on my Z, they look similar to those but I think they're 12". For the price the quality is really nice. With the baffles in they sound stock, really quiet. Not so good. Without them there's a nice throaty, raspy quality when you roll on the gas. Good sound without being obnoxiously loud.

I've only had them on since last summer but after a good cleaning/polish this spring they look brand new again.

Though I ran trapps on my Vmax and quite enjoyed the sound with 8 discs on each side. Had a deeper, more rumble-y tone than the Holeshot cans that were on beforehand.

I have bought the Delkevic system (slip ons) for my 85 and run them without the baffles. I get compliments on the way they sound. On the highway all the noise is behind you. They are the s/s 13 cans. Nine inch cans without the baffles are loud. Overall I would buy them again. :biglaugh:

Sorry, guys. Have been busy with work. Saturday was the only day I've had off in a while and chose to visit the Hill Country instead of wrenching. Had a blast up there! I'm going to get some vids posted up ASAP

Latest posts

Back