got this in a email... holy shit!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPure

Reaction score
Do you see the motorcycle?

Now do you see it?

The Honda crotch rocket rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing themotorcycle. The riders reaction time was not sufficientenough to avoid this accident. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department.

Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners
AND ESPECIALLY EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO HAS A CELL PHONE!!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Wake up people , Stop talking on Cell phones and

Texting while trying to drive. Put your Cell phone

in the back seat !!!

Attachments

• ATT00034.jpg
    ATT00034.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ATT00037.jpg
    ATT00037.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 63
  • ATT00040.jpg
    ATT00040.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 65
  • ATT00043.jpg
    ATT00043.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
hmmm, they're showing up for me :confused2: I'm working on it now.

tumblr_krth5aJ5Dv1qzzvk6o1_500.jpg

I would hazard a guess that the actual speeds were actually higher.

I would also hazard a guess that at 85mph the driver of the red car wouldn't have much time to actually see the bike.

This also further illustrates that motorcycles are invisible. Drive accordingly!!

Talking , txting or even holding your cel fone is gonna be illegal here from 1st Nov.

Brilliant! :clapping::worthy:

I can't believe that it's still legal here in the states, if you pay attention while riding around you will notice that about 80-90% of female drivers are on the phone ALL THE TIME!! And prolly a good 40-60% of male drivers too...

Scary! In most European countries it's been illegal for a while now, you must have a hands-free system.

Talking , txting or even holding your cel fone is gonna be illegal here from 1st Nov.
Calling is illegal here for about 5 years and you can get BIIIIIIIIGGGGG FAT ticket for that.

Using a headset like bluetooth is legal, evryone whos talkin a lot via cellphone while driving should use headset.
Thats what im doing.

I questioned the 85 mph speed....155 mph yeah, that could flip the VW!

Jeez, he almost went right thru the car! Not sure it would have made any difference whether she was on the phone or not with the bike travelling at that speed!

Again, a total waste!! :sad2:

Its not always the cars fault. Excessive and careless speed kills. They need to make laws against cell phone use here in the States. Even bluetooth isn't safe...drivers are too distracted!

I saw a pic similar to that one over 15 years ago when I took my motorcycle operator saftey course. Sport bike nearly cut the car in half. The guys helmet caught the roofline and cut about a 4 foot long gash in the roof.

On another note I was looking for a way to get my VMax to fit inside my Honda Civic for longer road trips. Looks like I just need to get it up to max speed and T-bone it. Don't need the window rolled down or nuthin'

I'm not condoning the cell phone use here, but I think the bigger factor in the cause of the crash was the motorcycle doing 85. If he had been going slower he would have had time to react and slow down.
I agree with showing the pictures to everyone though. Maybe it will make cagers realize, just because motorcycles are smaller doesn't mean they are not a threat to their own safety. Maybe then they will think twice before pulling out in front of us more often.

On another note I was looking for a way to get my VMax to fit inside my Honda Civic for longer road trips. Looks like I just need to get it up to max speed and T-bone it. Don't need the window rolled down or nuthin'

Aww c'mon, when it comes to towing your ride.. where theres a will theres a way :biglaugh:

Attachments

• El_Civico_494.jpg
    El_Civico_494.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 18
  • motorcycle-towing.jpg
    motorcycle-towing.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 17
It's been illegal here in NY for years, and honestly I see just as many people if not more using cell phones in cars. Hell, I've seen state troopers using cellphones while driving, but of course NY state cops are above the law. They can speed excessively(100+)with no lights/sirens, they can ride my ass on the highway so close I can't see the headlights, and they can talk on cell phones.

I don't really think a hands-free thing helps either. You're still thinking about the conversation, not the driving task. And be honest, how many of you drive with both hands on the wheel at all times at the proper 10 and 2 positions? There was a show on Mythbusters about cellphone use while driving. They had two people go through a driving course with no distractions, and then while answering simple questions to somebody on a cell phone. It was amazing the difference, and the most "distracting" time was when you had to pull out the phone and dial. Probably why a lot of cars now have voice-recognition and bluetooth phone link. My mother's Acura does this, though I can't say I've ever used it.

There's also the issue now that more and more cars support mp3 player/ipod input, which can be even worse as you click through menus trying to find a song you want to hear, just as bad a dialing a cellphone.

I read somewhere that the bike was attempting to jump for distance, and the VW was a distance marker. A cross wind sent him right into the car.

Latest posts

Back