GP shift pattern

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
Does anybody make a kit to switch the gen 2 over to the GP shift pattern?? The gen 1 was easy, but not so much on the Gen 2. It would help allot in the Twisties, it's an uneasy feeling when your boot drags on the road.

Is it possible with the stock setup?? $750 ....... That ain't happening lol. I can spend that on other other things besides relocating my pegs........ Not sure I could handle my pegs being moved, I like where they are.

The linkage bracket that goes on the shift shaft looks different than the stocker, I wonder if it comes in the Sato kit. Be nice if somebody made one.

Does anybody make a kit to switch the gen 2 over to the GP shift pattern?? The gen 1 was easy, but not so much on the Gen 2. It would help allot in the Twisties, it's an uneasy feeling when your boot drags on the road.

I don't think I could get used to the reverse pattern after all these years of riding.

One thing I learned from a racer was to have just the balls of your feet on the pegs when going through the turns. This works good for me.....I'm not likely to be shifting in a turn anyway.

toes.jpg

I don't shift allot in corners either, but when your redlined, you kinda have to lol. And it's not exactly possible to be in the next gear before going into the turn. After turning right at a light, I have a left hand sweeper that I could take in third, but I can't take the turn at the light in 2nd without going into oncoming traffic grinding foot pegs, lol. I got used to the GP pattern on my first gen. I prefer it that way, you get a much more robust up shift, missing a gear is just not possible I feel. And shifting is faster, it takes longer to pull the clutch in and release it, than it does to shift.

Last edited:
I don't shift allot in corners either, but when your redlined, you kinda have to lol. And it's not exactly possible to be in the next gear before going into the turn. After turning right at a light, I have a left hand sweeper that I could take in third, but I can't take the turn at the light in 2nd without going into oncoming traffic grinding foot pegs, lol. I got used to the GP pattern on my first gen. I prefer it that way, you get a much more robust up shift, missing a gear is just not possible I feel. And shifting is faster, it takes longer to pull the clutch in and release it, than it does to shift.

I just bought a healtech quickshifter, and it can be shifter at part and full throttle upshifts, and can be configured for downshifts as well. (I'm at work, so havent tried it out yet). I should be home thursday, and so can report out after then. Here is an interesting video.

Latest posts

Back