GPS Mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a ton on ebay. I've seen a nice looking billet, ball type mount for $30. Kinda depends on what gps you have and how much you want to spend

Get some velcro with adhesive backing at wally world. Put a strip on the handlebar clamp and another strip on the back of the GPS.....works fine for me, on the very rare occasion I take one. Hit the adhesive with a heat gun and it will peel right off no problem later. Had it to 130+ and it didn't come loose so I'm not too concerned, plus you get like 8 strips for a couple bucks.

I use ram on both of my bikes. Mounts using the same bolts that hold the left side clutch assembly. It leaves a ball there at all times to hook my mount to.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Try Ram Mounts Mike. They have a shit-ton of mounts and a lot of GPS specific mounts.

I made a custom bracket thatmounts off the handle bar bolts which looks great while GPS is on it (it's smaller than the unit and can't be seen) but when the GPS is off it's not that attractive. Prob could put a "Vmax" plate on it then or something but Just bit $50 and ordered a RAM mount.....DONE!! (as long as it fits well)......thanks for the input guys...............

I found an old photo of mine and cropped it, so you can see my mount.

I wouldn't call it ugly, but it's not pretty either.

Chris

Attachments

• 100_2401.jpg
    100_2401.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
I agree Chris, doesn't add to the looks for sure, at some point you have to go with functionality over looks.
I run my old Lowrance GPS which is waterproof and has a map function to show where I am at, but that's about it; not voice or landmark/ destination searching. The unit does have a speedometer/ altimeter/ time functions but I'll still need good directions to get to someplace I've never been. I'll always know where I'm at but maybe not where I'm going!:biglaugh:
It has a model specific Ram mount for it but I mount it directly to the bar without the ball mount which made it a little more low profile.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 7
Back