Grand Canyon Wire Walk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Watching this. Pretty dang cool I think.

I just noticed they brought IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) Local 1249 & O'Connell Electric down from Syracuse New York to do the rigging and setup.

Hats off to ya boys, stay cut-in...

That family has been high wire performers for many years and generations. Some years ago (1978 I believe) one of the senior members (around 73 if I remember correctly) was doing a wire walk between two buildings and fell to his death. I remember watching newsreel of his fall. Very dangerous job...

The Wallendas have been generations of high-wire performers. I recall when the old man went-down. I don't think these people can get life insurance. No tethers or safety nets, but if you're that-high, maybe a parachute? It would be like a BASE jumper, I'd think. Or maybe a squirrel suit...those guys use a parachute to land.

Didn't someone go-between the Twin Trade Towers? Crazy. I had to rappel-down from the high-rises for training, but never had to use it on the job. Now, there is a whole training/certification for first-responders, "high-angle rescue."

Hey Joe your signture literally comes into play with this guy.Only he doesn't need a gun:rofl_200:
Yep, it sure does Rusty, anyway I'm happy he fulfilled his childhood dream and is her today to talk about it.......

Back