grudge night

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
First time out this year. 5 runs with five wins. My runs were disapointing, but good enough to beat the other guys. guy on a 883 harley with a 1200 conversion, beaten soundly.
old gs 650. the real prize was the ninja. Had the looks, hot girl, cool bike, and all the confidence in the world. Not enough to win though :punk: The last race was against a suzuki crotch bike. couldn't tell the size. He does a big smokey burn out, pulls up to the tree and puts the bike on the rev limiter. I'm not even fully staged yet. I should have messed with him and not staged for a while. lights went down and I never saw him again. My shinko did me proud. My first run I just pulled up to the line, just to get my feet wet. I figured i would get some tire spin, but It stuck like glue. My best run was 7.43 and I never heated the tire once, and it never spun. carried the front through first and second every time. I was hoping for high 7.2's or 7.3's but my 60 ft were horrible and I'm up 20 lbs from last year. I'm sure that will make a difference. honestly, I have enough room in my 60 ft to get me in the 7.2's. still in stock trim except for marks exhaust. Next I'll try the straps for the front. And I have my muscle kit waiting to go into service. It was good to get back on the track.

Nice job ....... must be a great feeling first time out!

How many #'s of air are you running?

First time out this year. 5 runs with five wins. My runs were disapointing, but good enough to beat the other guys. guy on a 883 harley with a 1200 conversion, beaten soundly.
old gs 650. the real prize was the ninja. Had the looks, hot girl, cool bike, and all the confidence in the world. Not enough to win though :punk: The last race was against a suzuki crotch bike. couldn't tell the size. He does a big smokey burn out, pulls up to the tree and puts the bike on the rev limiter. I'm not even fully staged yet. I should have messed with him and not staged for a while. lights went down and I never saw him again. My shinko did me proud. My first run I just pulled up to the line, just to get my feet wet. I figured i would get some tire spin, but It stuck like glue. My best run was 7.43 and I never heated the tire once, and it never spun. carried the front through first and second every time. I was hoping for high 7.2's or 7.3's but my 60 ft were horrible and I'm up 20 lbs from last year. I'm sure that will make a difference. honestly, I have enough room in my 60 ft to get me in the 7.2's. still in stock trim except for marks exhaust. Next I'll try the straps for the front. And I have my muscle kit waiting to go into service. It was good to get back on the track.

Was this ninja blue with flames and streched by any chance

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Was this ninja blue with flames and streched by any chance

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

No. Was a black and silver. Good time there Matt. Had a bunch of diesels running high 8's and 9's. probably a 1000 people. Place was packed. not to many bikes though. Didn't rain at the track, but I got wet on the way home.

Sounds like you had fun. Good for you for getting people to talk about Vmax's again.

No. Was a black and silver. Good time there Matt. Had a bunch of diesels running high 8's and 9's. probably a 1000 people. Place was packed. not to many bikes though. Didn't rain at the track, but I got wet on the way home.

Haha I run low 8's -8.5's with mine. :D.. I was thinking about going until I got a call from girlfriends dad asking if I could help pick rocks from a new hay field he planted........ FUN. One of these days ill make it.. don't think ill take bike down it. That place already made me spend 1500 on an out put shaft on the rig. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

went again tonight. got a CBR 1000 and a ninja 600. Thats all the time I had. they had to work the track three different times for various spills. packed house again. I keep looking for you Matt, dennis. I can never plan to race cause I never know when I'll get done with work.The kicker of the night was the ninja ask if I wanted to race. As were pulling up to the staging area a guy on a harley waves at me to race with him. I'm not good at Identifying Harleys but it had two pipes coming off one side and it was flat black. I had to say no cause I already told the other guy I would. I was behind the burnout pit and got to watch him go. He ran in the 9's. I would have had him for lunch. maybe next time.

went again tonight. got a CBR 1000 and a ninja 600. Thats all the time I had. they had to work the track three different times for various spills. packed house again. I keep looking for you Matt, dennis. I can never plan to race cause I never know when I'll get done with work.The kicker of the night was the ninja ask if I wanted to race. As were pulling up to the staging area a guy on a harley waves at me to race with him. I'm not good at Identifying Harleys but it had two pipes coming off one side and it was flat black. I had to say no cause I already told the other guy I would. I was behind the burnout pit and got to watch him go. He ran in the 9's. I would have had him for lunch. maybe next time.

Man I've been so busy I want to get there. I don't know if ill run the max. You sound like you know what your doing maybe ill let you.... hmmmmmm I wanna know what she does lol. Ilk se you saturday for sure tho! Nick a fella from batavia on a max is gonna ride out with me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You got a CBR 1000 to race against , or you got / beat a CBR 1000 ? 1/4 or 1/8th mile track ?

Beat the CBR 1000 with my Vmax. Its an 1/8 track. I'm the first to admit that I would be destroyed in a 1/4. 95 percent of the guys racing on grudge night can't launch worth beans. Thats where I get them. The tracks to short for them to catch up. I'm not doing all that great myself with 60 ft times. Averaging in the 1.8's, but it's good enough to win. I'm getting better each week though. There was a guy there last night that I got to talking with. He had a suzuki crotch bike. He had the launch down. He was getting 1.6's 60 ft times. Thats one guy I won't beat.

great job, I want to get to the track in my area one of these days, never been down one
is it better to run with the boost in the stock setup or unplugged in the open

Latest posts

Back