GSXR, Hayabusa Axle Tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
For anyone looking to use the newer GSXR or Busa forks to put USD on you bike there are all kinds of costs you probably won't think about. One that I just found out about is that you need some "special tool" to remove/install the axle on these bikes. All it does is go in the end of the axle to hold it stationary while you tighten the nut on the other side. They sell these for about $20.

I'm cheap, and I needed to get away from my desk for a bit today so I walked through the shop to see if I could find anything to make my own. I went overboard on it but I had some fun. I'm still trying to learn how to weld. I've only done it a few times now.

On another note, it looks to me like a coupling nut for 5/8" all thread could be used as it is very close to 24mm. These are really cheap and could probably be found in a hardware store. It should be long enough to engage the axle and still fit a wrench on the end.

Anyways, here was my fun for today:

2011-02-10_15-11-40_332.jpg

2011-02-10_15-11-50_734.jpg

2011-02-10_15-12-55_429.jpg

Good idea, Mike! You must be doing some serious mods to your bike. You still putting a turbo on it?

My SV uses the same thing. I found a long nut and TIG welded it into a metric socket of the same size. I just bought a cheap socket at Harbor Freight.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

can't remember the size but bought a sparkplug socket, that you then use the other end of it on the busa front wheel axle. you may have one that already works. turn the socket around and see if it fits snug.
Michael

Yea, I think my motion pro tool has 4 different sizes in one tool.

Sean

Nice welding.. something I'd like to learn some day. In the mean time I use an adjustable wrench and one of these $2.87 tools from Lowes Hardware Store:

Attachments

• 008236720457xl.jpg
    008236720457xl.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 5
Back